Photoshop for iPad
Adobe Photoshop for iPad has been released and it’s a free download. Technically called Photoshop Express, the Express moniker suggests a more full featured version may be in the works from Adobe to further utilize the power and screen size of the iPad. Photoshop Express is the as the Photoshop for iPhone version released last year, but the name has been updated and there is an iPad specific feature.
Photoshop for iPad exclusive feature set:
• Support for portrait and landscape orientations
• Redesigned Online, Edit, and Upload workflows
• Ability to work on multiple photos in sequence from within a single workflow
• Redesigned Organizer view with simplified album sharing
• Updated icons and visuals that make it easier to navigate and use the Editor
• Ability to upload to Photoshop.com and Facebook simultaneously
Adobe says that Photoshop Express for iPad lets you use the simple touch gestures to make quick edits and share the photos from your mobile device. Personally I think the existing features leave something to be desired, as there are a significant lack of real photo editing abilities. This is especially amplified considering some of the other relatively more powerful photo editing and manipulation packages available for iPad and iPhone.
Despite the shortcomings, the Photoshop app is useful and the brand is strong. I’m sure future versions will have many more features even if in the form of a paid download, for now though you can get Photoshop Express for iPad as a free download via iTunes.