iPad Shirt

Oct 18, 2010 - 8 Comments

ipad shirt

The internet is always full of surprises, but this is quite unique, it’s an iPad shirt. Literally. It’s a shirt with a clear front pocket that you can slide the iPad into and wear it on your chest.

I found this in our inbox and figured it was a fake, but no, you can actually buy the iPad-holding shirt. Very interesting, as some of our commenters suggested you could turn yourself into a walking billboard with this.

I’ll just go ahead and file this into the same ‘fun’ category as the cat iPad stands. What other crazy stuff will people come up with? What I want to know is, is the plastic cover thin enough that you can still interact with the iPad? Does the touchscreen still work when it’s mounted in the shirt?

Editor Update: Softened the tone a bit here, it’s a viable product and has legitimate uses. For instance, here’s a rather creepy Halloween costume that features a chest-mounted iPad to replicate Kuato from the 1990’s sci-fi flick Total Recall:

Posted by: William Pearson in Fun, iPad

1. lionel LOEB says:

Interesting idea >>

They need to SELL some caps with a mirror in it, for being able to see the ipad

Eventually a fake arm to slide more easily ?

2. Marc says:

It’s a modern version of the ol’ sandwich board. (Assuming there’s an iPad pocket on the back too.)

3. Tyler says:

Wow, congratulations. They’re tuning the iPad demographic into present-day teletubbies! Too bad the shirts aren’t purple. Tinkeywinkey & his iPad to the rescue! hahahha

4. alan says:

This is hilarious, I want one for my halloween costume

5. iPad Shirt says:

[…] this link: iPad Shirt […]

6. fubbles says:

If you look at the website selling the shirt they are gearing it towards advertisers which is a brilliant move. Turn people into walking interactive billboards!

7. Joseph says:

Hi osxdaily readers,

Thank you for the feedback.

Fubbles, the syte shirt is a great for promotorers and iPhone developers. Great way to show off your wares while keeping the iPad in a secure place.

Alan,

What would you display on your halloween costume?

Tyler,

Though I don’t like being referred to as a tele tubby, the association is there. It does great for taking kids shopping. It keeps their attention on you instead of graving EVERYTHING on the shelves

8. Ryan says:

#*^% it! I was just talking to a friend today that I had this idea! I was gonna make this….. Waaaaa!!!! Oh well…