Mac OS X 10.6.5 Download Released
Time to fire up Software Update, Mac OS X 10.6.5 has been released for everyone to download. The download weighs in around 700 MB, you can get it through software update or follow the download links below.
Here are the 10.6.5 release notes from Apple:
The 10.6.5 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including fixes that:
- improve reliability with Microsoft Exchange servers
- address performance of some image-processing operations in iPhoto and Aperture
- address stability and performance of graphics applications and games
- resolve a delay between print jobs
- address a printing issue for some HP printers connected to an AirPort Extreme
- resolve an issue when dragging contacts from Address Book to iCal
- address an issue where dragging an item from a stack causes the Dock to not automatically hide
- resolve an issue with Wikipedia information not displaying correctly in Dictionary
- improve performance of MainStage on certain Mac systems
- resolve spacing issues with OpenType fonts
- improve reliability with some Bluetooth braille displays
- resolve a VoiceOver issue when browsing some web sites with Safari 5
To download the Mac OS X 10.6.5 update, pull down “Software Update” from the Apple menu or follow the direct download links below.
Mac OS X 10.6.5 Download Links
Rather than going through the Apple menu, you can also download the system update from Apple at the following links:
- Mac OS X v10.6.5 Update (Combo)
- Mac OS X v10.6.5 Update (for 10.6.4 only)
- Mac OS X Server v10.6.5 Update Combo
- Mac OS X Server v10.6.5 Update (for 10.6.4 only)
Apple recommends backing up your existing system before installing the update.