Save and Dial Phone Extensions Automatically on your iPhone
You can save phone numbers that automatically dial extensions with your iPhone, here’s how:
- Enter a contact number as usual, let’s say 1-800-000-0000
- After entering the number into the iPhone, tap on the # button to bring up extra options
- Tap on the “pause” button to insert a comma, this causes a pause after the phone number has been dialed
- Now enter the extension you wish to save to the number, let’s say 123
- Your finished result will look like: 1-800-000-0000 , 123
Now when you dial that saved contact from your iPhone address book, it will automatically pause and dial the extension! This is really helpful for customer service numbers or for when adding an office contact to your phone.
Thanks to LifeHacker for the tip!