Weekend Projects: Mac OS X Lion Edition

Jul 23, 2011 - 6 Comments

Installing Lion

The weekend is here, and there are quite a few people who haven’t installed Mac OS X Lion yet. Why wait? Now’s as good a time as any, so head over to the App Store and download Lion, and check out some of our recent OS X 10.7 info:

OS X Lion Upgrade and Installation Info

Once you’re all up and running with the latest and greatest version of Mac OS X, don’t miss out on some general tricks and troubleshooting tips:

General Lion Tips and Tricks

Don’t miss all of our OS X Lion related posts, there’s tons of them and much more is to come!

Posted by: Paul Horowitz in Mac OS X

1. lnbarn says:

Installed on Mac #1, going for Mac #2 tonight. Lion rocks.

2. Acetone says:

You say why not upgrade this weekend, then you have a section on Check app compatibility.

Some of my most important apps won’t work with Lion, good enough reason NOT to upgrade

3. Dan says:

Plus my NAS is not yet compatible. They’re working on a new firmware, but I won’t be upgrading until I have full AFP and TM access.

4. Joe says:

Late 06 MBP ran like a champ with SnowLeopard. Installed Lion and the poor cat had a boat anchor around it’s neck. Decided to do a clean install since I have upgraded over upgrades since Tiger. “Migrated” my apps, docs and setting to the fresh Lion install from Time Machine. Now the beast roars in delight! Incredible difference after purging the legacy trash. Lion is a worthy upgrade. Just do it! :-)

5. Ryan says:

Is there anyway to copy the Lion installation file to other macs, After upgrading to Lion? The app isn’t seen in /Application folder anymore.

Thanks

6. Marco says:

So I bought a new MacBook Pro on June 7, and was rewarded with a Mac Up-To-Date redemption code on release day. But I also have 2 iMacs, a mini, another MacBook Pro, and a MacPro to upgrade. After a phone call to Apple, because I could not buy the upgrade in the App Store… and I was told to I can use the existing, saving me $29. Thanks Apple!