Newest Redsn0w 0.9.9b7 Jailbreaks iPhone & iPad with iOS 5 in 80 Seconds

Oct 23, 2011 - 9 Comments

redsn0w 0.9.9b7 The newest version of redsn0w released by the iPhone Dev Team provides one of the fastest jailbreaks yet, and you’ll be finished in as little as 80 seconds. This is achieved by offloading some of the procedure to Cydia itself, which then takes longer to open on it’s first launch as the entire process is wrapped up.

If you haven’t jailbroken yet and you don’t mind the tethered booting process, you’ll enjoy the quickness offered by the new redsn0w. If you’ve already used a recent version of redsn0w to jailbreak iOS 5 then there isn’t any reason to download the newest version unless you intend to run it on other iOS hardware.

Download Redsn0w 0.9.9b7

This version supports iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 CDMA & GSM, iPod touch 3rd & 4th gen, and iPad 1. This does not work with iPhone 4S or iPad 2:

The process is fairly simple, but if you’re new to this you can follow our walkthrough on jailbreaking iOS 5 using redsn0w.

Posted by: Matt Chan in iPad, iPhone

1. Gus says:

I connected my ipod touch to the pc, and booted the tethered ios5 with 0.9.9b7. My battery was aroud 13%, after boot up, it went to 95% to full.
    Does it affect the charging process?
    thks.

2. Joey says:

Any problems with this yet?… ive been tryin for bout 30 minutes i got “cydia” on the ipod but its white i keep tryin to jailbreak but it stops at exploiting with something… and now it wont jailbreak again so i can get cydia downloadable…wat do i do?

3. Chan says:

poor jailbreak – After jailbreak, apps close automatically, spring board crashed many times, iBooks doesn’t open, several other apps don’t work properly…nut shell not an efficient jailbreak.

4. lushus_bst says:

a friend gave me his older 8GB iPhone, completely wiped, after a while managed to get it in DFU mode from the apple logo screen, sys profiler says iBoot 596.24. That’s all the info i have on it.
    what best to use to jailbreak? I’m a complete newbie.
    Thanks for any tips.
    PS: downloaded and ran jailbreak in redsn0w_mac_0.9.9b8 and got a “Sorry, that isn’t supported yet on the iPhone3G”.
    PPS: when doing itunes restore I got “Could not be restored. an unknown error occured (1600)”

5. tom says:

I have the same error message “Sorry, that isn’t supported” on iPhone 3G and itunes 10.1

6. Jacks says:

My safari can’t be open after jb, but in safe mode I was able to open it. So any solution for that? + some of the apps I’ve installed from installous 4 can’t be open too.

7. jesse says: