Mac Setups: iOS Developers Home Office
Ever wonder what an iOS developers home office looks like? This great Mac setup should give you an idea. Coming to us from Henry in Florida, this setup is used primarily for iOS development and photography. There’s a lot of great Apple hardware here, including:
- 2011 MacBook Air i7 with 256GB SSD
- 2008 Mac Pro with 2 Xeon Quad-Core CPU’s, 16GB RAM, and 2 3TB hard drives
- 2011 Mac Mini Server
- 27″ Thunderbolt Display attached to the MacBook Air
- 30″ Apple Cinema Display connected to Mac Pro
- iPad 2
- iPad 1 3G
- Original iPhone, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4S, and two iPhone 4′s
- Logitech Mac Keyboard
There’s a Magic Trackpad and Magic Mouse in there too, and the MacBook Air looks to be on an mStand from Rain Design.
If you’re wondering why so many iPhones and iPads are necessary, keep in mind developers need a handful of devices around to test for compatibility and to find obscure bugs that only pop up in certain versions of iOS.
Great Mac setup Henry!
Send us pictures of your Apple & Mac hardware setups! Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and include some brief details on the hardware and what you use it for.