Set Location Based Reminders in OS X Mountain Lion
Want to be notified of a reminder when you arrive at a specific place? Or maybe reminded to do something when you leave a location? You can do both of these from OS X Mountain Lion onward with the Reminders app, much like you can in the iOS world. Because the reminders sync through iCloud, you’ll be alerted on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, whichever is available when you arrive at the set destination.
- Open Reminders app and either create a new reminder or select an existing one
- Hover over the reminder until the little (i) information icon appears and click it
- Check “At a location” and type an address
- Set the checkbox for “Arriving” or “Leaving” as desired
- Confirm Reminders can have access to Location Services by choosing “Allow”
- Click “Done”
Now when you arrive (or leave) at the destination, you will get a reminder notification from the Reminders app about the event.
You will obviously need iCloud working and to have Location Services enabled in order for this to function properly, if you turned it off on the iPhone for battery reasons or on the Mac for some reason you’ll want to enable it again.