Mac Setup: Triple Display Retina iMac Workstation
This weeks featured Mac office setup is the triple-display workstation of a Software Development Manager Craig H.
Let’s dive right in to learn more about the hardware and apps put to use:
What hardware makes up your Mac setup?
My current setup at my office includes:
- iMac 27″ with Retina 5K Display (Late 2014) – Intel Core i7 CPU, 16GB RAM, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB GPU
- Dual Monoprice IPS 30” Displays driven by DisplayPort, 2560 x 1600 each
- MacBook Air 13″
- Apple Keyboard
- Apple Magic Trackpad
- Fierce USB Mouse
- Altec Lansing Expressionist Classic desktop speakers
(part of the setup, but not pictured)
- iPhone 6
- iPad Retina
- iPad Mini
Tell us a bit about what you do, and how you use your Mac workstation?
I am a Software Development Manager, and I use this workstation to manage all the projects, analytics, reporting, and programming.
Do you have any specific apps you use most often?
- BetterSnapTool – Windows 7-esque window snapping functionality. Crucial with this many displays.
- Rdio – Music all the time
- Sublime Text 3 – All code editing
- Behance Wallpaper app – Always need stunning wallpapers on these displays
- Todoist – Cross platform To Do lists done right
- Microsoft Excel – All reporting, tracking and financial statements
- Fantastical – Constantly adding reminders and meetings to my calendar
Do you have any OS X tips you want to share?
Yes, turn the scroll bars in OS X to “always on”.
Now it’s your turn to share your Mac setup! Go here to get started, it’s basically just a matter of taking a few high quality pictures and answering some simple questions about your hardware and how you use it, then send it on in!
You can also browse through many other featured Mac setups if you’re just looking for some inspiration.