Use Hotmail on the iPhone
If you use a Hotmail account, you’ll be happy to hear that you can now use your Hotmail account on your iPhone thanks to Microsoft enabling Exchange ActiveSync support. This allows Hotmail to push and sync email, calendar, and contacts to your iPhone.
Set up Hotmail on the iPhone
Here are the steps to setup Hotmail to sync and push to your iPhone (this works on the iPad too):
- Launch Settings
- Tap on “Mail, Contacts, Calendar”
- Tap onto “Add Account”
- Select “Microsoft Exchange”
- Enter your full Hotmail email address into both the Email and Username fields
- Leave Domain blank
- Enter your password
- Enter “Hotmail” as the Description
- Tap onto “Next”
- Now you must enter the server, use “m.hotmail.com” for the Server name then tap onto “Next”
- The iPhone will now verify that your Hotmail information is entered correctly, the next screen you’ll be able to enable Mail, Contacts, and Calendars
Hotmail is the original web mail, so it’s not surprise there’s still millions of hotmail accounts still in use today despite the competing offers from Google, Yahoo, and others. It’s a bit surprising it took Microsoft this long to get Hotmail working with the iPhone, but better late than never.