Create iAds Easily with iAd Producer

Dec 20, 2010 - 5 Comments

iad visual editor

Apple’s newly released iAd Producer aims to ease the iAd creation process with a set of powerful tools that allow Mac users to create compelling interactive advertisements fit for the iOS platform. iAd Producer features an easy to use visual editor that manages the creation of all HTML5, CSS3, and Javascript behind the iAd, greatly simplifying the development process. Advanced developers will be pleased to learn that they can also dig behind the easy interface and directly edit and debug the code on their own.

make iads iad produceriAd Producer features include:

• Over a dozen page templates for drag-and-drop creation of interactive advertisements
  • Component library of prebuilt interface elements and items
  • Built-in animation and transition effects
  • iAd Simulator to test the iAd directly on your Mac or iOS device
  • Asset library of all your iAds visual assets
  • Advanced Javascript editor and debugger with code completion, syntax coloring, breakpoints, code stepping, and more
  • Project validation to ensure iAd compatibility and proper configuration
  • Automatic optimization includes Javascript minification

iAd Producer requires Mac OS X 10.6.5, Safari 5, and iOS SDK 4+, if you want to test iAds on an iOS device, that device requires iOS 4 or later.

You can read more about iAd Producer and download it for free if you’re in the iOS Developer program by visiting the iOS Developer Center.

Template libraries make creating an iAd extremely easy:
create iads from templates

Advanced users will be pleased with the javascript editing and debugging capabilities:
iad code editor

Posted by: Manish Patel in Development, iPad, iPhone

1. Matthew says:

It would be nice if you could save these as apps instead of just as ads, then the average person could create simple apps for personal use too.

• Habib A says:

that’s a brilliant idea, but I don’t think Steve will allow it. And there’s a reason. He doesn’t want ugly apps cluttering up the App Store more than they are.

Although for personal useā€¦ I don’t know

2. User says:

What I hate most when I’m watching tv? ADS!!! What I hate most when I browse web? ADS!!! What I hate most on iPhone APPS? ADS! I know apple needs money and more money and money talk but still I hate ADS!

3. Paul Drew says:

Ads are a complete turnoff! Don’t go down that road Steve! Apple customers don’t need them, that’s why we’re hooked on Macs, to get away from the ads on TV!

• ericrsa says:

I agree ads may be a’turn off’, but as a developer the numbers don’t lie. I tried to stay away from ads & charge a paltry .99 cents for my app. It was getting downloaded a respectable 20-30 times a day. To test the ‘iAd’ waters, I made a free version displaying iAds and it got downloaded 880 times it’s first day.

850 people chose to look at ads rather than pay .99 cents.