AT&T iPhone Customers: Get 1000 Free Bonus Rollover Minutes

Feb 11, 2011 - 17 Comments

Update: AT&T has just confirmed to us via Twitter that this is legit!

att-confirms-free-minutes

If you’re an AT&T iPhone customer, you can get 1000 free bonus rollover minutes simply by texting an AT&T number. Here’s what you need to do:

• Send a new text message to “11113020” that says “Yes”
  • Wait for the thank you confirmation from AT&T saying the 1000 bonus minutes will be credited to your account

The message says it will take up to 4 weeks for the free minutes to post to your account.

free-1000-minutes-att

Some iPhone customers received text messages alerting them to the free minutes, but even those who didn’t get the notification apparently are eligible as discovered by 9to5Mac readers.

This appears to be a retention effort by AT&T to reward customers and perhaps avert them from jumping ship to the Verizon iPhone.

Posted by: Matt Chan in iPhone

1. Kazooey says:

Heads up all: this is NOT iPhone specific, all AT&T customers are eligible.

I got the minutes for my iPhone, coworkers got them on their Androids and iPhones, it looks like ALL CUSTOMERS ARE ELIGIBLE!

2. Jared says:

got the confirmation immediately, 4 weeks is kind of a bummer but free is free

3. plm says:

I’m maxed out on rollover minutes so I guess I don’t need to bother with this. Yes, I do live a dull life….

4. bro says:

Wonder if it works for every phone on a multi phone account

5. Chris says:

I got the message TWICE in 10 mins, I hope it doesn’t keep coming?

• James says:

I got the message twice as well… but none after that. Let’s see how long it takes to get the free minutes – if ever. (hey, it IS AT&T… ha ha!)

6. Stucky says:

It says thank you for accepting… what exactly am I saying yes too?

7. coolstorybro says:

@Kazooey, ATT says now on twitter that it is iPhone only

@bro, It does work on family plans, just did it

@Stucky, you are saying “Yes” to accepting the free minutes

8. ben says:

Great, this will go nicely with my other 3000+ rollover minutes that I will never use. Hey, AT&T, want to make everyone really happy? Offer unlimited SMS for all plans for free since it essentially costs you nothing.

9. […] minutes – however it appears to be working for ALL AT&T customers.   There has been osxdaily got TWEET confirmation from AT&T that this is not a […]

10. p0ny says:

nice!! I almost finish my current rollover minutes

11. Nihar says:

Nice! thanks for the tip! Certainly could use more minutes.

12. Matthew Hart says:

I’m on a 700 min family plan with 2 lines and I got the free mins. Cool stuff. TY ATT!

13. […] although it’s not clear when the minutes will be credited to accounts. AT&T has run similar promotions in the past exclusively for iPhone customers, but this one looks like it’s open to all […]

14. Luke cannon says:

Says now offer had expired