iOS 6.0.1 Released with Bug Fixes for iPhone Wi-Fi Problems, “No Service” Issue, etc

Nov 1, 2012 - 29 Comments

iOS 6.0.1 Update

iOS 6.0.1 has been released, the software update includes several significant bug fixes for all iOS users, particularly those with iPhones. Curiously, those with iPhone 5 must first download a patch that allows OTA updates to work, prior to being able to download and install iOS 6.0.1.

The 6.0.1 update appears to address several prominent bugs, including an apparent resolution to the iPhone-specific “No Service” after signal loss and regain problem that impacts a fairly large number of users who are in areas with spotty cellular reception, a fix aimed at the iPhone 5 Wi-Fi speed issue, and a resolution to the peculiar keyboard glitch. The full list of bug fixes is shown below.

The iOS 6.0.1 software update can be downloaded through iTunes or Over-the-Air Update on the device itself by tapping on Settings > General > Software Update. Direct download links for iOS 6.0.1 IPSW firmware are also be available for those who wish to go the manual route.

iOS 6.0.1 Changelog:

• Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
  • Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
  • Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
  • Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
  • Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
  • Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
  • Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
  • Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings

Posted by: Matt Chan in iPad, iPhone, News

1. Marcus says:

I’m at work so I can’t test the Cellular Service fix, but I am excited to no longer toggle Airplane Mode if it works as advertised! I will know later on my drive home, always lose coverage and it has never regained on it’s own.

2. B.R. says:

Waiting for jailbreak

3. Charlene says:

I just did the upload. Experienced a malfunction – it’s stuck and iTunes is asking to restore to default – will lose ALL media – photos I’m most concerned about. HELP … any Ideas before I restore?

• Matt says:

As long as you regularly backed up you won’t lose anything. Always a good idea to backup manually before an update though.

4. jperkins says:

Wi-Fi seems better again even without custom DNS. Good update.

5. Sky says:

Still cant delete songs/albums/artist properly or at all really using iMatch. Rubishness.

6. Ceveces says:

Wifi and cell data is more reliable!

7. vdiv says:

What about App Store and Podcasts updates? Me thinks iOS 6 was the buggiest major release to-date. Me thinks Apple may be too deep in the weeds now and loosing it. Is iOS in a state similar to where Symbian was three years ago before it was unceremoniously killed?

8. Rune says:

I lose coverage on the phone after oppdaternig to iOS 6.0.1, do not come in contact with my mobile operator, and must wait a long time before I can call or send SMS! The signal is completely gone …

9. Barry says:

I have been having a problem sending videos in messages to other phones. The quality is perfect on my phone but when the next phone receives it, the video is poor quality as well as the audio. Has anyone experienced the same problem or know a fix?

10. eric says:

Will this update correct older model ‘no service’ issues as well?

11. Paul says:

6.0.1 has broke my wifi connection, first page loads fine, subsequent pages hand and return server error, now phone freezes when sending pictures i n messages, this update is awful, do not install. Is there a fix being sent out

12. Teef says:

after updated I was unable to restore my phone from backup. so I lost all my data. Pics, msgs. so frustrated.
    any advice?

13. Jose says:

After I installed update , I have no signal whats the fix?

14. yahya says:

i lost connections. wifi is working though.
    i tried to contact apple and they ignored my emails.
    im not reallly happy at all.
    if you did not test the 6.0.1 why did you publish it from the first place? really a shamed of what im running through at the moment.
    i cannot answer phone calls. people are just emailing instead.
    thats really rubbish!

15. Rachelle says:

New ios 6.0.1 Update won’t let me connect to wifi so I reset my network settings now I can’t get internet at ALL! HELP

16. SJM-PDX says:

I had horrendous problems with wi-fi with 6, and now even WORSE issues with6.1!!!

Apple….this is unacceptable!!!

17. Meow says:

ios 6.0.1 has stopped me from being able to connect to the App Store or iTunes, but everything else requiring wifi works fine…. Have tried all the above solutions to no avail. Apple better get this fixed soon

18. Sam says:

Wifi ok but cellular service very very very bad..always have drop calls.. Ios 6.0.1 is no good

19. Download softwaer iCloud iOs 6.1 free. IPhone4