New Mac Pro Release Set for December, Price Starts at $2999
Apple has announced the features, hardware specs, release date, and pricing details for the highly anticipated new Mac Pro. The new Mac Pro won’t come cheap, but the machine is an absolute beast of a workhorse aimed at the professional market. The base hardware configuration is as follows:
- Intel Xeon E5 CPU’s 3.7GHz Quad Core base, up to 12 cores as optional upgrade
- Up to 30MB of L3 Cache
- 12GB RAM on base mode, up to 64GB of RAM
- Dual workstation AMD FirePro GPU’s with 2GB VRAM each, up to 12GB of VRAM
- All SSD Flash based storage, 128GB, with up to 1TB of optional flash storage
- Supports up to three 4k displays
- Ships with OS X Mavericks
- Price starts at $2999
- Release set for December
All of that is fit in a tiny enclosure that runs very quietly, apparently producing the same fan noise as a Mac Mini. Also interesting to some will be that the new Mac Pro is built entirely in the USA.
Unlike the immediate release of OS X Mavericks and the MacBook Pro updates, the Mac Pro will arrive later in the year sometime in December. A precise release date was not named.
You can read more about the new Mac Pro at Apple.com.