How to Create a Custom Photo Face on Apple Watch
Want a customized Apple Watch face that features a photo of your own choosing? This way every time you activate the Apple Watch to glance at the time, you’ll see the picture of your choice with a date and clock atop the image.
This is a nice way to personalize the Apple Watch a bit, and you can easily create a custom photo watch face in just a few moments.
Making a Custom Photo Watch Face for Apple Watch
- Sync some photos to the Apple Watch first if you haven’t done so yet, this is easy and requires the paired iPhone to do so
- Open the Photos app on Apple Watch
- Navigate to the picture you wish to turn into a custom watch face and then 3D touch (or hard press) the screen
- Tap on “Create Watch Face” when the option appears on screen
- The custom Watch face will create itself immediately with the photo that you activated from, and will turn into the new Apple Watch face
Remarkably easy, and it really is a nice way to personalize your Watch. Put a picture of your favorite person, people, animal, pets, landscapes, cities, whatever you want, they will look great on the Apple Watch face as a clock.
You’ll need WatchOS 2.0.1 or newer to have this feature available.