iTunes Announcement – What’s Coming Tomorrow?
Apple’s homepage is featuring a teaser message that suggests a major iTunes announcement is on the schedule for tomorrow. So what could it be? The Apple Rumor Mill has their imaginations running wild, with claims all over the board.
Here are some possibilities for Apple’s iTunes announcement tomorrow:
- iOS 4.2 Release – We do know the release of iOS 4.2 is very close, but Apple typically rolls out iOS updates without this level of anticipation
- Expanded iTunes Content Library – A significant addition to the iTunes content library would be a big deal and immediately accessible to anyone without an iTunes update. This could also be tied to a streaming or subscription service
- iTunes Live Streaming – This rumor is based on an entry in an iTunes 10.1 plist file, this could mean that iTunes will natively support live streaming of events or television, and this could be completely different than a general media streaming service.
- iTunes Streaming Service – The iTunes streaming concept has been around for a long time, and the massive North Carolina data center only serves to feed this rumor. Perhaps you’ll be able to buy content through iTunes and stream it to your Mac, iPhone, iPad, AppleTV, where ever
- iTunes Subscription Service – A monthly subscription model for iTunes has long been thought to be in the works. This could expand beyond music to things like magazines, news papers, TV shows, etc
- Facebook and Ping Integration – I’m not sure if this would warrant the anticipation level that Apple is building for tomorrow, but it’s entirely possible
- Apple TV Apps – Ever since it was discovered that the new Apple TV runs iOS, there has been speculation that Apple will unleash an App Store for it. I think this is coming too, I just don’t know if it’s tomorrow
- Mac App Store – Will the Mac App Store be released tomorrow ahead of schedule? I think the Mac App Store will be it’s own separate application outside of iTunes completely, but perhaps this would be an iTunes announcement
- The Beatles Library on iTunes – Anytime a rumor about iTunes comes about, inevitably there is the claim that The Beatles library is going to finally be available. The Beatles are great, but again, is this worthy of the hype? This idea seems to be born from the Apple.com splash page vaguely resembling the HELP! album cover (see below)…. sort of…
Something to keep in mind is that any major announcement might require another iTunes software update. Considering Apple just released iTunes 10.1, this seems less likely unless the changes are already baked into iTunes 10.1, leading me to believe the announcement tomorrow is going to be focused on content.
So that’s that, we’ll find out what the fuss is all about tomorrow morning!
Thanks to Tyler for the heads-up.
What an overhyped load! Who would bother downloading Beatles albums / songs even if they were free?!
[…] big iTunes announcement today was The Beatles joining the iTunes family, which was one of the predictions offered […]
Wow, the Beatles on iTunes, great music but why the hype?
Yep, that hype for stuff that true fans have aquired a long time ago even without the itunes store is plain out and utterly stupid from Apple!
They will only announce that the Beatles’ albums are online on the iTunes store…
All this noise for nothing……
Well, you were right!!
But that is plain silly, all that hype for some stupid Beatles albums? LAME
I hope they announce that everything will be in HD quality now. All the music videos I’ve bought on itunes are not of good quality.
PJ analyst says it’s streaming content, that would be interesting. WSJ is now reporting it’s the Beatles catalogue… that would be kind of boring though unless they are giving away all their albums or something.
Maybe they’re bringing color back to iTunes. Shure hope so. (audio pun intended)
I hope for the Mac App store.
I would really like to see Facebook/Ping integration!! Although I’m very patiently awaiting the release of iOS 4.2 *sigh* I want to unlock my iPhone terribly so…
Oh! And thanks for mentioning me for the heads up!! :)
I’m going to say that Apple reached a deal with Hulu and that will be the subscription service inside iTunes for television. This will come to your Apple TV, iPhone, Mac, etc
Don’t ask me why I say this :)
[…] jest tutaj iTunes Announcement – What’s Coming Tomorrow? Cytuj + Odpowiedz na ten […]
iTunes Cloud based starting tomorrow.
my guess is they are announcing longer samples, mac app store, 4.2 (altho this isnt really an itunes announcement) and fb/ping. they are all due in they very near future (save fb/ping, but it follows suit with theyre twitter integration)
The Beatles album is a huge stretch, I don’t think anyone other than Yoko Ono really cares if the Beatles are on iTunes anyway. No way is that worthy of frontpage news.
iOS 4.2 is coming tomorrow, Apple is just hyping it up
shxt i hope soo! i need multitasking on my ipad!
More content + streaming
That’s where my money is