How to Forward a Text Message on iPhone
Forwarding text messages from one sender to another is made very simple on the iPhone. The process is the same whether it’s a text, SMS, MMS, or even an iMessage:
- From the Messages app, open the text message you want to forward
- Tap the “Edit” button in the upper right corner
- Tap the message you want to forward so that it shows a red checkbox next to it
- Tap on the “Forward” button in the lower right corner
- Enter the recipient in the new message screen and send as usual
The forwarded message sends to the recipient as any other message would, and an SMS or MMS can be forwarded as a mass text message as well. Group texting is useful for reducing text message fees with some providers and it’s also a great way to annoy your entire iPhone address book.
And yes, text messages can be forwarded from an iPhone to iPad, iPod touch, or Mac running Messages, and vice versa, though sending to a device other than an iPhone obviously won’t register as an SMS.