How to Show a List of All Calendar Events on Mac
If you use the Calendar app on Mac and iOS, your calendar events will seamlessly sync between all Apple devices using the same Apple ID. While the iPhone and iPad have easy ways to display a Calendar in List View from iOS, the Mac doesn’t have the same simple toggle functionality to see a list of all events in the Calendar app. However, that doesn’t mean it’s impossible…
You can show a list of all scheduled Calendar events on the Mac with a little-known trick. While it’s certainly not obvious, it gets the job done and allows you to display a list of calendar events in Mac OS quickly.
This little trick to show calendar events as a list should work on all versions of the Mac Calendar app.
How to Display Calendar Events as a List on Mac
- Open the “Calendar” application on the Mac if you have not done so already
- Optionally, select the Calendar(s) you want to show a list for from the left side menu
- Click into the search box in the upper right corner of Calendar app then enter the following search parameter:
- After typing the single period . hit the Return key to show a list of all Calendar events *
By searching for a single period in Calendar on the Mac, you will show all Calendar events as a list view, appearing alongside the Calendar window in Mac OS.
Remember, if you use iCloud and have an iPhone, Mac, iPad, and/or other Apple devices, your calendar data will sync between all of your Apple devices sharing the same Apple ID.
* Note: You can also search for two concurrent quotations like “” if desired, but searching for a single period like . is probably easier for most Mac users. Try both and see what works best for you.
Why the default Calendar app on Mac does not have an obvious “List” calendar button like the List View Calendar button on iPhone and iPad is a bit of a mystery, but perhaps it’s a feature due in the future of Calendar app for Mac, or maybe not that many users want a list of calendar events that are schedule and thus the feature is deemed unnecessary. In any event, if you do want to see a list view of your calendar events in Mac OS, you will need to rely on this little known search trick.
So, you want to see a Calendar event list on the Mac? Then search for a period. Or search for a series of two quotation marks like “” That’s it! Simple, if not quite obvious.
Do you know of another way to see a list of all Calendar events on the Mac? Share your tips in the comments below!