Play QuickTime Movies Full Screen Without QuickTime Pro
If there’s one annoying thing about the QuickTime Player it is the lack of fullscreen movie support by default. Typically, if you want to play QuickTime movies at full screen you have to shell out $30 for QuickTime Pro, or use a third party application like VLC. Don’t pay the $30 and don’t download the extra software if you don’t need to though, and thanks to a very simple three-lined AppleScript that scales the movie to your screen size, you don’t have to. Very crafty!
This script is super easy, follow these steps.
- Launch the AppleScript Script Editor – spotlight for “Script Editor”
- Type the following exactly:
- tell application “QuickTime Player”
- present front movie scale screen
- end tell
- Compile and Save As “Fullscreen”
- Launch your QuickTime movie, and Launch your Fullscreen Script
It’s that easy.