How to Disable Flash or Countdown in Photo Booth

Jan 22, 2009 - 20 Comments

Photo Booth is a really fun app that comes with all macs that have a built in iSight camera. Here’s a couple tips that make using Photo Booth on your mac even more enjoyable; the ability to disable the ‘white screen’ flash and the ability to disable the 3 second countdown. Try them out yourself:

Disable Flash in Photo Booth

Disabling flash in PhotoBooth is really easy all you have to do is hold the Shift key while you click to take a picture and the screen will not flash white.

Disable Countdown in Photo Booth

Disabling the picture count down in PhotoBooth is just a matter of holding down the Option key while you click to take a picture, your photo will take immediately.

You can combine the keystrokes by holding down Option-Shift and you’ll immediately take a picture without the flash.

Posted by: Paul Horowitz in Mac OS X, Tips & Tricks

1. [...] Vía | OSXDaily Comparte este articulo: [...]

2. Stefanie says:

Nice one! That’s really helpful! THANKS

3. jay write says:

it works when i hold the option key but the shift does not do it i tried both shift key is there anything else i can press to disable the flash ;-(

4. jay write says:

why is it not working ;-( can some body please help me??

5. Gugur Daun says:

You have to press & hold the Command+Shift keys BEFORE you click on the snap photo button, to disable the screen flash,

and add Option key to the combination to disable the countdown.

6. Gugur Daun says:

I’m sorry. Just the Shift key would do (w/o the Command key)

7. Bonnie says:

I was wondering if anyone knows of a hotkey on the keyboard that allows you to switch between video record and picture taking? I want to be able to run photobooth with out a mouse.

Please let me know.

Thanks

8. [...] you want some more Photo Booth tips, you can disable the flash and countdown and set Photo Booth to flip [...]

9. Anonymous says:

Your grammar is terrible.

10. Pam says:

Is there anyway, where you don’t have to hold the keys? Maybe a preference to take the flash out completely? I just really hate that the flash makes me look even more pale. -_-

11. [...] uses an all white screen as a virtual flash of sorts to brighten your mug when you take a picture (you can disable that by holding down the Shift key). I’m guessing it won’t be long until some developers [...]

12. Megan says:

To disable Flash and Countdown at the same time:
    Hold Shift Option Command and T all at the same time
    Hope this helps :)

13. M A R I E says:

is there a way to PERMANENTLY disable the countdown. its annoying.

14. Brian says:

This is ridiculous…..how am I supposed to take a decent non-flash photo without looking stupid with my hand on shift? HELP?

15. Brian says:

if digital cams required you to hold shift, no one would buy them…….i wanna trash this damn mac cause of all of its combined little stupidities that aren’t user friendly!

16. Brian says:

Simply why people hate macs……its only vamped! i paid too much for this crap!