PandoraMan – Music without going on a Safari

Feb 21, 2009 - 11 Comments

For me, listening to Pandora is as routine as brushing my teeth in the morning. Tonight I was browsing the application downloads over at apple.com and came across “PandoraMan”. PandoraMan is “A small Cocoa app to run the Pandora mini player using WebKit. Created so you can quit Safari, Camino, etc. without killing your music stream.” Excellent! No longer do I need to spawn an entire web browser just to hear my favorite stations. Place this app in your dock and you are one click away from Pandora radio! Download now or head over to the IntraArts development studios for a closer look.

UPDATE: from pixxan: “There is also a Google Code app called pandoraboy with similar functionality. PandoraBoy uses Growl and can be controlled with the Apple remote.”

Posted by: William Pearson in Fun, Mac OS X, OS X Apps

1. gruhlke says:

;-) (…) We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S. (…) —> http://www.pandora.com/restricted

Gruß Gruhlke

2. […] Small Bites wrote an interesting post today on PandoraMan – Music without going on a SafariHere’s a quick excerptTonight I was browsing the application downloads over at apple.com and came across “PandoraMan”. PandoraMan is “A small Cocoa app to run… […]

3. joe says:

Gruhlke: If you wont listen Pandora from EU used http://www.anchorfree.com/ it is free.

4. pixxan says:

There is also a Google Code app called pandoraboy with similar functionality. Pandoraboy uses Growl and can be controlled with the Apple remote.

5. BrianCanFxiIT says:

PandoraJam – It does everything, records to itunes & creates custom playlists, Scrobbs to Last.fm, fully customizable, growl, free (purchase it to have it record without it bugging you).

6. Lee says:

You can also just use Fluid.app to create a pandora app and it is free.

7. developing purposes says:

I’d think “awesome” – but don’t all these apps defeat the purpose of Pandora’s ads? then how long is Pandora gonna last? you’d think Pandora would work on some other way to output there music.

8. kumar says:

9. Actually PandoraMan still serves Pandora’s ads and tries to support the service the best it can. The only way you can disable the ad’s in PandoraMan is if you have a paid Pandora account, just like on the real site.

10. calcium says:

11. fingers says:

Pitiful interface.
    Suddenly I’m asked to enter personal information, HOWEVER the last three fields DO NOT APPEAR on the window WHICH CANNOT BE RESIZED. (Safari, OS X 10.6)
    I tried increasing the resolution. No luck.

Come on People.