Set iTunes to fade between songs
One of my favorite iTunes features is the ability to fade songs in and out of each other with the Crossfade setting, this makes for a seamless music listening experience as each song gradually fades into the next. By default, this option is not turned on though, so here’s how to change that:
Enable iTunes crossfading between songs
* Open iTunes ‘Preferences’
* Click the ‘Playback’ tab icon
* Select the checkbox next to “Crossfade Songs”
* Adjust crossfading between songs, I have mine set to 5 seconds, the longer the time is set the more cross-fading in and out of songs
* Select ‘OK’, songs will now crossfade!
Changes are immediate, and you’ll notice them at the start and end of each song playing as it turns into another song. If all of your music is in the same genre, a really long fade of 12 seconds can sound really nice as each song slowly turns into another without any break in music. I have a pretty diverse musical playlist so I like mine set to 5 seconds, but try out the various settings and pick one that you like.
This works in iTunes for Mac OS X and Windows.