Import your iPhone Address Book into Gmail’s Google Voice
The best way to move your iPhone address book to Gmails new Google Voice integration is to just export the list from the Address Book app and import it into Gmail. Here’s how to do this:
- Within Address Book, select all your contacts and navigate to File -> Export -> Export vCard
- Export this file to a location that is easy to find, like the Desktop. The vCard contains all your Address Book contacts and phone numbers.
- Now within Gmail, select “Contacts” in the left sidebar, then select “Import Contacts” in the Contacts submenu
- Find your previously exported vCards file and select this as the import
- Let Gmail do it’s magic, it will import all the contacts from your Address Book
Once the contacts are loaded into Gmail you can then search the contacts by name and make a VOIP call to them through Gmails Google Voice app.