Trim an MP3 on your Mac
You can trim any MP3 file for free in Mac OS X thanks to QuickTime Player. Here’s how:
- Make a copy of the MP3 file you want to trim
- Open the MP3 file with QuickTime Player
- Hit Command+T to open the Trim function
- Drag the yellow sliders on the left and right side to trim down the section of the song to where you want
- When you’re finished, click the yellow ‘Trim’ button
- Go to File -> Save As and save as an iPhone .m4v movie file
Now the MP3 has been trimmed down the section of the song you wanted, but you’ll want to use iTunes to convert the song to MP3 format again from it’s new m4v type.
This works in the newer versions of QuickTime Player, but I’m not sure if the same function exists in older releases.