Get Windows 7 style window previews on your Mac Dock

Oct 18, 2010 - 5 Comments

window preview mac dock

One of the features of Windows 7 that gets pretty good reviews is the window preview, you access these by hovering over items in the Windows task/start bar and a little preview of the minimized window is shown as a pop-up. With a little utility called HyperDock, you can get this same functionality on your Mac Dock.

HyperDock includes window previews (see screenshot above if you’re not sure what this would look like), some advanced window management features, and you can even control iTunes and iCal through the preview windows. I tried it out and it works as advertised.

If you want this sort of thing on your Mac, check out HyperDock, it’s free for now while it’s in beta but is expected to cost money when the final version is released.

Posted by: Jeff Hurst in Mac OS X, Utilities

1. Brian Hanifin says:

The other Windows 7 feature it incorporates is the ability to drag windows to the edges of the screen to snap into place. This is incredibly useful for putting two finder windows side by side!

I will buy it if the price is under $20.

2. albinoz says:

A verry great app what use from some week now, i recommand ;)

3. iAbdulaziz says:

Dude, THANKS!!! very cool+smooth+epic+amazing thanks for share!

4. David McClymont says:

I’ve been using it for a few weeks and I can recommend it although sometimes it forgets to popup – normally when I’m trying to show someone how cool it is!!… I guess it is still in beta stage. The windows’ management feature is awesome -although a bit dodgy with multiple monitors – doesn’t detect between screens -However, Apple should have put this feature into OSX (maybe they will in tomorrow’s announcements)… anyway… I can highly recommend this. I’ll be buying it when it finishes beta.

5. icebreaker says:

This is the one thing I missed in OS X. This made the switch to mac for me very easy :)