Uninstall Flash from a Mac
Adobe’s Flash Player is known to cause a slew of issues, slowdowns, battery drain, and other problems for Mac OS X. If you’re fed up with Flash, you can ditch it:
How to uninstall Flash from Mac OS X
You can remove the files on your own but it’s easier to just use the official uninstaller application from Adobe:
- Quit all open web browsers
- Download the Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller application from Adobe directly by clicking here
- From the newly mounted disk image, launch the “Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller” and click on the “UNINSTALL” button
- Enter your password when asked
- Let the application run and when finished click on “Done” or just quit the app
Now Flash is completely uninstalled from your Mac. You may want to go one step further and delete your Flash cookies yourself, since the app doesn’t always grab them on the way out.
Personally, I keep Flash Player installed but just use a Flash blocker so I can only activate Flash when I need it. Yes, it still causes problems, but it’s not nearly as bad as when Flash is allowed to run rampant on a Mac.