Mac OS X 10.7.1 Update Released (Direct Download Links)
Mac OS X 10.7.1 update has been released by Apple for all OS X Lion users to download. One of the most significant bug fixes pertains to dropping WiFi issues, so if you have been experiencing connectivity problems don’t miss this update. Other fixes address issues with HDMI and optical audio, Safari video, and migrating data to OS X Lion.
The update is rather slim at 17.4 MB through Software Update for most Mac users, but there are also separate updates available specifically for MacBook Air 2011 and Mac Mini 2011 models that address issues with those machines too.
Mac OS X 10.7.1 Update Download Links
You can download the OS X 10.7.1 update through Software Update, but if you would rather download the update manually as a DMG for local use, you can do so from Apple:
- Download OS X 10.7.1 Update (Client)
- Download OS X 10.7.1 Update (Server)
- Update for MacBook Air 2011 or Mac Mini 2011
- Update for Mac Mini Server 2011
Release notes from Apple are posted below:
The 10.7.1 update is recommended for all users running OS X Lion and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability and compatibility of your Mac, including fixes that:
- Address an issue that may cause the system to become unresponsive when playing a video in Safari
- Resolve an issue that may cause system audio to stop working when using HDMI or optical audio out
- Improve the reliability of Wi-Fi connections
- Resolve an issue that prevents transfer of your data, settings, and compatible applications to a new Mac running OS X Lion
For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: