iOS 5 Beta 7 Released to Developers

Aug 31, 2011 - 25 Comments

iOS 5 beta 7 IPSW downloads on dev center

Pushing ever closer to a GM and the final release date in the near future, iOS 5 beta 7 has just been seeded to developers. The newest iOS 5 beta can be downloaded as IPSW from the iOS Dev Center, or more easily, as an Over-the-Air (OTA) update, which can be accessed from iOS 5 beta 6 to download via tapping onto Settings > General > Software Update.

Just as prior updates, Apple recommends you use the “Erase all Contents and Settings” under Settings > General > Reset in order to install the latest beta.

The brief note attached to the OTA update says simply “This beta version of iOS 5 contains bug fixes and improvements.” and refers to the release notes on the iOS Developer Center.

Update: In addition to a new iOS 5 beta, iTunes 10.5 beta 7 and Xcode 4.2 beta 7 were also released.

Posted by: Matt Chan in iPad, iPhone, News

1. Mark says:

Odd, usually these are pushed out on Friday

2. deepgoat says:

GM will come out the week of September 26

3. Guido78 says:

Beta 7 update popped up on my iPhone and I installed it only to find out some bugs. 1st I notice my volume indicator would pop up on its own. 2nd, there was no sound coming out when hit play. It would play but no sound. Also would play but no sound via AirPlay.

4. Guido78 says:

* iPod would not play*

5. Jason says:

While this is pretty neat, I’d be interested in a resume-like and/or versions-like feature across all Mac OSX & iOS devices. Especially, for Safari and productivity apps like Pages, Keynote, Numbers, etc. That way I can pick up reading what I started in the morning at home on my commute to work. Also, I wouldn’t need physical memory needed to transfer my documents along and all documents would reptant the same versions, as well.

6. Zach says:

I updated to beta 7 and now I can’t play any music on my iPod Touch (4th Generation).

7. Shipwreck says:

I updated my IPhone 4g n same thing all my music won’t play!

8. Kermit says:

Delete all songs from your device and upload it again – that only one solution for now.
    For my opinion, it worst beta SW provided by Apple ever :(

9. Chris says:

My iPod functionality on my iPhone 4 is broken too. The songs won’t play. The album art just flies by as it switches from song to song.

Removing all of the songs and then re-adding them seemed to fix the problem.

10. nomusiceither says:

My iPod functionality is broken too after the beta 7 update on both my iPhone 3GS and iPad 2 !

11. Charles says:

after the update, my iPad will not send messages via iMessage, it’s broken…

12. Aroosh says:

I have the same issue after updating to beta 7. My music wont play, it simply jumps from one song to the next, the next and so on.
    whats the point of this update anyways.
    gotta reinstall 15GB of music now. UGH
    I just hope it works after reinstalling the music.

• David Alger says:

I had the same problem (and reported it to Apple this morning) after updating via OTA updates yesterday. I was planning on doing a full restore to see if that would fix it, but I found that after syncing the iPod with iTunes 10.5b7 the problem was fixed and my music was playable again. Might try that instead of a full restore, even if it doesn’t work, it’s worth a try by merit of being so much faster!

HTH,
      David A.

13. Teo Lai says:

Better wait for apple official release ,. sure they will fix the problem,. if otherwise you know about the media (playing songs) code using Xcode to fix the problem,.

14. San says:

Updated to io5 last night and only song out of 130 that plays is one that was downloaded using iPhone everything that sync from iTunes won’t play ? So they still have not fixed it in the proper release !!

15. jips says:

I also updated last night. Using PC and most current version of iTunes, I have sound through my headphones but not through the speaker. youtube videos have no volume bar either. Speakerphone works though. Anyone have a solution??

16. Iphone3GSMan says:

I can confirm on live iOS 5.0 that you have to clear your music and resync it to be able to play properly on 3GS.