“Please Do Not Print Large Jobs” [Apple Humor]

Jul 27, 2012 - 7 Comments

Do Not Print Large Jobs humor

One Apple fan didn’t take kindly to the office message of “PLEASE DO NOT PRINT LARGE JOBS” (all in caps of course!) and decided to take on the note quite literally, printing an enormous rasterbatored image of the classic Steve Jobs portrait.

The original message was obviously aimed at preventing ginormous print jobs that hog printer queues office-folk are all too familiar with. Completely stupid, but this is office rebellion and humor at its finest with an Apple twist, and though it probably belongs on Passive Aggressive Notes more than here it’s too funny to ignore for a Friday.

A very amusing find from Buzzfeed.

Posted by: Paul Horowitz in Fun

1. Matt says:

Hahah! Good joke but I actually kinda want one of these for my wall is that weird?

2. jobsagoodun says:

Terrific! Totally awesome. I just totally LOLd

3. richard says:

Fantastic – Steve would see they irony of it if he were still among us

4. qka says:

I remember printing a poster like this with the original Mac and ImageWriter.

My workgroup had bought this scanner dohickey that snapped into the ribbon cartridge position in the ImageWriter. It contained an optical reader at the print head position. Software that came with it controlled horizontal motion of the printer carriage and vertical motion by rolling the platen. We took the resulting image and blew it up as a multiple page print, I think it was down with MacDraw, printing it with the same ImageWriter, this time with the ribbon cartridge installed.

Alas, the subject wasn’t SJ but rather one of my scarier looking colleagues. Also, since the original Mac was only black or white, no gray, the image was very pixelated. So you had to view it at a distance. Someone put it on the wall you faced as you came up the stairs. It would give you a start if you hadn’t seen it before.

5. nathan says:

Simply fantastic

6. RC says:

I want one of those! Haha!!! Really!!! I miss that guy a lot… >.<

7. RC says:

I want it!!! Gimme one please OS X Daily… I miss this guy…