iOS 7.0.3 Available Now [IPSW Direct Download Links]
Apple has released iOS 7.0.3 for iPhone, iPad, and IPod touch users. The update includes iCloud Keychain support, which syncs your login and password data between iOS and OS X devices, fixes problems with iMessage, and also includes many bug fixes, feature enhancements, and security updates. iPhone 5S users will find an update to the accelerometer which allows it to calibrate accurately as well. Full release notes are at the bottom of this article.
iOS 7.0.3 is versioned as build 11B511. As usual, it remains a good idea to back up your device before installing new software updates, and you can do so to iCloud or to a computer with iTunes.
Download iOS 7.0.3 through OTA
The easiest way to update to iOS 7.0.3 is through Over-the-Air updates:
- Open Settings, then to General, then go to Software Update and choose “Download and Install”
The OTA update weighs in between 70MB and 120MB depending on the device being installed on.
Users can also download and update to iOS 7.0.3 through iTunes by connecting their iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a Mac or PC and choosing to Update. Users who choose this method will need the latest version of iTunes installed.
iOS 7.0.3 IPSW Direct Download Links
Users who prefer to update iOS manually using firmware can use the direct IPSW links below to download the files from Apple’s servers:
The GSM model indicates the device requires a SIM card to use the cellular antenna service, in the USA this includes AT&T and T-Mobile. The CDMA model means a device does not require a SIM card to use the cellular antenna, and is typically Verizon and Sprint in the USA.
- iPad (4th gen CDMA)
- iPad (4th gen GSM)
- iPad Wi-Fi (4th gen)
- iPad mini (CDMA)
- iPad mini (GSM)
- iPad mini Wi-Fi (1st gen)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi (3rd gen)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (GSM)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (CDMA)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (GSM)
- iPhone 5c (CDMA)
- iPhone 5c (GSM)
- iPhone 5s (CDMA)
- iPhone 5s (GSM)
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 4 (GSM Rev A)
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPod touch (5th gen)
You may want to right-click and choose “Save As” to properly download the file, it should always have the “.ipsw” file extension.
Using IPSW files for iOS software updates is typically best reserved for advanced users, but the process of using firmware itself is not too complicated and can be done by anyone with some patience and the latest version of iTunes.
iOS 7.0.3 Release Note
Release notes bundles alongside iOS 7.0.3 are the following:
- Adds iCloud Keychain to keep track of your account names, passwords, and credit card numbers across all your approved devices
– Adds Password Generator so Safari can suggest unique, hard-to-guess passwords for your online accounts
– Updates lock screen to delay display of “slide to unlock” when Touch ID is in use
– Adds back the ability to search the web and Wikipedia from Spotlight search
– Fixes an issue where iMessage failed to send for some users
– Fixes a bug that could prevent iMessage from activating
– Improves system stability when using iWork apps
– Fixes an accelerometer calibration issue
– Addresses an issue that could cause Siri and VoiceOver to use a lower quality voice
– Makes reading OSXDaily.com more awesome than ever, just kidding this is not part of the release notes we put this in here for fun
– Fixes a bug that could allow someone to bypass the Lock screen passcode
– Enhances the Reduce Motion setting to minimize both motion and animation
– Fixes an issue that could cause VoiceOver input to be too sensitive
– Updates the Bold Text setting to also change dial pad text
– Fixes an issue that could cause supervised devices to become un-supervised when updating software
Additional enhancements and bug fixes may be present beyond those listed in the release notes. We’ll post updates if we find anything particularly exciting.