Mac Setup: MacBook Pro Standing Desk Workstation of a Photographer

Oct 24, 2015 - 6 Comments

Mac setup standing desk

This week we’re sharing the Mac setup of Brandon R., which is a great standing desk workstation in New York City. Let’s jump in to learn more:

What hardware is included in your Mac setup?

The following hardware is on a stand-up desk:

MacBook Pro standing desk setup

I recently upgraded from a 2009 Mac Pro tower to the 15″ MacBook Pro.

Why did you go with this particular setup?

I chose this particular setup for speed and travel capability, and to easily connect to my 23” display.

I really just enjoy the Apple ecosystem and ease of use for all my devices to work together.

The phones had to be separate for corporate email, and that’s why the Windows PC laptop is there as well.

TV is playing on the iPad, and I am really enjoying my Apple Watch.

What do you use your setup for?

I mostly work with photography and related gear, and other Word and Excel documents.

What Mac apps do you use most often?

I use Lightroom and Photoshop the most and needed to optimize their speed. I also use the Microsoft Office suite of apps.

Do you want your desk to be featured in our ongoing series of Apple gear and Mac setup posts? Great, go here to get started!.

You can also browse through previous setups too.

Posted by: OSXDaily in Mac Setups

1. Joe Ojon says:

I like standing desks but I often end up sitting in them anyway, I can’t get the ergonomics right

2. Steve Steele says:

Very nice. I think the Apple Eco system is great too. Now that iCloud Drive is in iOS and the Apple TV has been updated it’s just about right. It would be cool if Apple made some sort of NAS solution that supported iTunes, Apple TV and Time Machine.

Enjoy your rig.

3. Wharf Xanadu says:

What camera do you use

4. tropixx says:

You mention and show a standing table, but there is no mention of the speck or link to the make or the brand of the table.

Also, you mention photography and show a camera but there is no mention of the spec or brand.

5. nypinstripes says:

Also you mention a great workstation but show a windows pc, haha.

• gordy hassleback says:

Many people use Windows for work, gaming, other purposes. You can have a Mac and a PC, the Mac vs PC wars are long over. Use what works for you, whatever it is.