How to View Song Lyrics in iTunes
If you have ever wanted to view song lyrics in iTunes, you’ll be pleased to know there are new means of achieving that feat in the latest versions of the iTunes app for Mac OS and Windows. So, fire up iTunes, start playing your favorite song, and see the lyrics alongside!
This works to see song lyrics for any song playing in iTunes that has lyrics attached to it, which should include most songs purchased from iTunes, songs played in Apple Music subscription service, iCloud Music, and any song you have manually added lyrics to in iTunes yourself.
Viewing Song Lyrics in iTunes Regular Mode
With a song playing in iTunes, do the following:
- Click on the “1 2 3” list button in the header of iTunes
- Now click the “Lyrics” tab to see the lyrics for the song playing
Viewing Song Lyrics in iTunes Album Art View Mini Player
When any song is playing in iTunes, do the following to see that songs lyrics:
- Hover over the mini player album art in iTunes to see the various buttons
- Click on the tiny “1 2 3” list button in the corner of the album art mini player mode
- Click the “Lyrics” tab to view the song lyrics
You can add or edit lyrics by right-clicking on any song in iTunes and choosing “More Info” and then going to the Lyrics tab.
Away from iTunes on Mac and Windows, you can also view lyrics in the new Music app for iOS by going to the Now Playing screen and scrolling down revealing the hidden Lyrics button and clicking on “Show”, it’s a bit easy to overlook.
And if you’re hoping to memorize song lyrics for your favorite hit, you can also get song lyrics from Siri for any song at any time on either Mac or iOS.