Theme the iPhone to Look Like Android, Windows, Kindle, WebOS, and More
Bored with how your iPhone looks? If you have it jailbroken, you can install iPhone themes and make the device look a lot different than iOS by using an app called Dreamboard.
If you haven’t jailbroken yet, backup the iPhone and then proceed with Absinthe for iPhone 4S on iOS 5.0.1 or Redsn0w for iOS 5.0.1 on other iPhones and iPods. Dreamboard is then found as a free download in Cydia, so search for it and install.
Many Dreamboard themes are available via Cydia, here’s a handful:
- Endroid – Android HTC lookalike with updating weather widget and clock, this is the default Android theme
- OS7 – Makes iPhone look like Windows Phone 7, complete with tile animations
- WebOS – If you want your iPhone to look like a now extinct Palm device
- Kindle Fire for iPhone – Gives the iPhone an interface like the Kindle Fire
- OS X Lion Ultimatum – one of the fancier themes, makes iOS look like Mac OS X Lion
- Apple Desk – looks like an actual desk, complete with iMac and keyboard
There are plenty more, and while a lot of the themes are free, others cost a buck of two. Some paid themes have to be downloaded manually and then moved to the iPhone with SSH and SFTP from a Mac or PC, others can be installed directly on the phone.
Heads up to Lifehacker for the basic theme ideas.