How to Unhide Purchases from App Store in iOS on iPhone & iPad
Need to reveal hidden App Store purchases so that you can access and download them again in iOS to your iPhone or iPad?
It’s easy to find and unhide app purchases directly on an iOS device, though the exact technique will depend on what version of iOS you have on the device itself.
To get started, grab the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, and then do the following in accordance with the version of iOS you are using:
How to Re-download Hidden Purchases from iOS App Store on iPhone and iPad
In modern versions of iOS system software, here is how you can re-download any hidden app purchases in the App Store on iPhone or iPad:
- Open the App Store
- Tap the ‘Today’ tab at the bottom of the screen
- Tap on your profile avatar logo in the upper right corner of the Today screen
- Now tap on your Apple ID, then sign in with the Apple ID password if requested
- Scroll down to find and tap on “Hidden Purchases”
- Locate the app you want to re-download and tap the download button, it looks like a cloud with an arrow flying out of the bottom of it
You can repeat this process to find and re-download any hidden app from the App Store.
This works with all modern versions of iOS, like iOS 12, iOS 11, iOS 10, iOS 9, iOS 8, and iOS 7. But earlier versions of iOS are still in use, and if you’re on one of those versions you’ll want to follow the directions below instead.
How to Unhide App Purchases in iOS 6 and earlier
Got an older iPhone or iPad and want to unhide purchases there? Here is how to do that;
- Launch the App Store
- Scroll down to tap on “Apple ID: firstname.lastname@example.org”
- Tap “View Apple ID”
- Enter the password for the account
- Scroll down and tap on “Hidden Purchases”
- Find the app(s) you wish to unhide, and tap the “Unhide” button
- Find the unhidden apps under the “Purchased” section of App Store
Remember, you can always hide a purchase from the App Store again by swiping next to its name in the purchased list.