iOS 8.4 Beta 1 Released for Developers
Apple has released the first beta version of iOS 8.4 to those registered with the iOS Developer program. The first iOS 8.4 build arrives as 12H407d and looks to prominently feature a freshly redesigned Music app with several new features.
Users who are registered in the iOS Developer program can find the appropriate firmware for iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch available to download at the iOS developer website.
Presumably, iOS 8.4 betas will launch in those participating in the iOS Public Beta program at a later time.
The release notes accompanying iOS 8.4, which heavily emphasize the all new Music app, are included below, courtesy of 9to5mac, where you can see also images of the refreshed Music app:
The iOS 8.4 Beta includes an early preview of the the all-new Music app. With powerful features and an elegant new look, enjoying your music is easier than ever. This preview provides a sneak peek into what we’ve been working on, and what’s to come — the music is just getting started.
– All-New Design. Music app has a beautiful new design that makes exploring your music collection easier and more fun. Personalize playlists by adding your own image and description. Enjoy stunning pictures of your favorite artists in the Artists view. Start playing an album right from the album list. The music you love is never more than a tap away.
– Recently Added. Albums and playlists you’ve recently added are now at the top of your library, making it effortless to find something new to play. Simply tap play on the artwork to listen.
– Streamlined iTunes Radio. Discovering music with iTunes Radio is easier than ever. You can now quickly return to your favorite stations in Recently Played. Choose from a selection of hand-curated stations in Featured Stations, or start a new one from your favorite artist or song.
– New MiniPlayer. With the new MiniPlayer, you can see what’s playing and control playback while browsing your music collection. To open Now Playing, just tap on the MiniPlayer.
– Improved Now Playing. Now Playing has a stunning new design that showcases your album artwork the way it was meant to be. In addition, you can begin wirelessly streaming your music using AirPlay without leaving Now Playing.
– Up Next. It’s now simple to find out which songs from your library will play next — just tap the Up Next icon in Now Playing. You can even reorder, add, or skip songs whenever you like.
– Global Search. You can now search from anywhere in the Music app — just tap the magnifying glass. Search results are conveniently organized to help you quickly find that perfect song. You can even start an iTunes Radio station right from Search.
Presumably, other changes and improvements are to be offered in iOS 8.4 as well, even if the music application will be a primary focus.