MacOS Catalina Supplemental Update 1 Released with Bug Fixes
Apple has released the first bug fix update for MacOS Catalina, labeled as “MacOS Catalina 10.15 Supplemental Update”.
The first supplemental software update to MacOS Catalina aims to resolve some bugs and issues that some users have experienced with MacOS Catalina, including problems with initial system installation, an issue with accepting terms and conditions, and improvements to Apple Arcade game saving. Some of these issues are discussed in our overview of troubleshooting problems with macOS Catalina and appear to be resolved with this update.
Separately, Apple has also released iOS 13.1.3 and iPadOS 13.1.3 updates for iPhone and iPad.
How to Install MacOS Catalina 10.15 Supplemental Update
Mac users running MacOS Catalina can find the Supplemental Update available to download now if they’re running a prior MacOS Catalina build.
Be sure to backup the Mac with Time Machine or your backup method of choice before beginning any system software update.
- Go to the Apple menu and choose “System Preferences”
- Select “Software Update”
- Choose to update the MacOS Catalina 10.15 Supplemental Update *
* Recall that you can selectively install specific software updates in MacOS, so if you only want to install this update and avoid others that is easily possible.
The software update package is about 900mb and the Mac will reboot to complete installation of.
Note this release of MacOS Catalina is still versioned as 10.15, it is not the same as an eventual MacOS 10.15.1 update.
MacOS Catalina 10.15 Supplemental Update Release Notes
Release notes accompanying the MacOS Catalina supplemental update are as follows:
The macOS Catalina Supplemental Update includes installation and reliability improvements, and is recommended for all users.
– Improves installation reliability of macOS Catalina on Macs with low disk space
– Fixes an issue that prevented Setup Assistant from completing during some installations
– Resolves an issue that prevents accepting iCloud Terms and Conditions when multiple iCloud accounts are logged in
– Improves the reliability of saving Game Center data when playing Apple Arcade games offline
If you are already running MacOS Catalina then you should likely install this supplemental update as soon as possible on that Mac.
If you’re still on the fence about Catalina and unsure of whether or not you should update to MacOS Catalina now, or wait, this article might be helpful for you. You can also follow our guides on preparing for MacOS Catalina, and updating and installing MacOS Catalina.