How to Connect AirPods to Windows PC
Do you want to use your pair of AirPods with your Windows PC for listening to music or watching videos? Well, you’ll be pleased to know that AirPods work with PC just like any other Bluetooth headset.
AirPods and AirPods Pro are one of the most popular wireless headphones that are mostly known for working with Apple devices like the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, but they also work with Mac and Android devices too, and so naturally Windows is another platform where AirPods can work, thanks to Bluetooth. As a result, AirPods on PC works like any other Bluetooth headset even if you’re not using an iOS device.
Trying to get your AirPods to work on a nearby Windows computer? Read on and you’ll be connecting your AirPods and AirPods Pro to a Windows PC in no time and with little effort.
How to Connect AirPods to Windows PC
For this to work, you’ll need a Windows desktop or laptop with support for Bluetooth located . If not, you can simply buy a Bluetooth dongle for cheap and plug it into your computer’s USB port. Now, without further ado, let’s take a look at the necessary steps.
- Type “Bluetooth” in the Windows search bar at the bottom of your screen and click on “Bluetooth and other devices settings”.
- In the Bluetooth settings menu, make sure Bluetooth is turned on and then click on “Add Bluetooth or other device”.
- Click on “Bluetooth”. Now, open the lid of your AirPods charging case while your headphones are still in it and long press the pairing button at the back of the case until the LED status light flashes white.
- Now, your PC will start looking for Bluetooth devices that are discoverable. Wait for a few seconds until your AirPods show up on the screen. Click on your AirPods name to initiate the pairing process.
- Once the pairing is complete, you’ll notice “Connected voice, music” as shown in the screenshot below. Click “Done” to complete the addition of a new Bluetooth device.
- Now, if you look under Bluetooth settings, you’ll see your AirPods or AirPods Pro in the list of Audio devices that your PC has paired with.
These are pretty much all the necessary steps that you need to follow, and by doing so you’ll have connected your AirPods and AirPods Pro to Windows PC.
As you can see here, this was a fairly simple and straightforward procedure. Once paired up successfully, your Windows PC will automatically connect to the AirPods once you take it out of the case. However, the automatic connection doesn’t exactly work all the time, especially if it’s connected to the iOS device you normally use your AirPods with. In such cases, you’ll need to head over to your Bluetooth settings and click on the paired audio devices to establish the connection.
It’s worth noting that you can’t use Siri on your AirPods while using it with a Windows computer, since that requires an iOS device or a Mac. If you own AirPods Pro, you will still be able to switch between noise cancellation and transparency modes, as those features are not limited to Apple devices.
Do you use a Mac instead of PC? If you’ve come this far, you might certainly be interested in pairing your macOS device with AirPods. Although a Mac doesn’t seamlessly connect to the AirPods quite like an iOS device does, you can still manually pair AirPods with Mac and use Siri to perform various tasks and use them like any other headphones too.
Are you trying to use your AirPods or AirPods Pro with an Android smartphone? You can easily connect your earbuds to any Android device using Bluetooth in a similar way within a matter of seconds.
Did you manage to connect your AirPods to a nearby Windows PC without any issues? How do you feel about the way Apple’s hugely successful wireless headphones work with non-iOS devices? Do let us know your thoughts and opinions in the comments section down below.