iOS 13.6.1 & iPadOS 13.6.1 Update Released, Fixes System Storage & Green Tint Issues
Apple has released iOS 13.6.1 and iPadOS 13.6.1 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. The new update includes bug fixes and is therefore recommended for users to install on their devices.
Specifically, iOS 13.6.1 and iPadOS 13.6.1 aim to resolve an issue with excessive System data storage not being cleared properly, an issue where some iPhone screens were showing a green tint, and a problem with Covid Exposure Notifications.
Separately, Apple also released MacOS Catalina 10.15.6 supplemental update for Mac users.
How to Download iOS 13.6.1 or iPadOS 13.6.1 Updates
Before installing any software update, be sure to backup iPhone or iPad to iCloud, iTunes, or a computer. Failure to backup can result in permanent data loss if the update fails or goes awry.
- Open “Settings” app on the iPhone or iPad
- Go to “General”, and then select “Software Update”
- Select “Download & Install” when iOS 13.6.1 or iPadOS 13.6.1 update shows as available on the device
The software update will reboot the device to complete installation.
Optionally, users can also choose to install iOS 13.6.1 and iPadOS 13.6.1 with a computer by connecting the device to a Windows PC with iTunes, a Mac with iTunes, or a Mac with MacOS Catalina or Big Sur and using Finder to find and install the software update.
More advanced users can also use IPSW firmware files to manually apply the software update. IPSW files can be downloaded from the links below.
iOS 13.6.1 IPSW Direct Download Links
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone SE (2nd generation 2020 model)
- iPhone SE (1st generation original model)
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPod touch 7th generation
iPadOS 13.6.1 IPSW Direct Download Links
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (4th generation)
- 11-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- 11-inch iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd generation)
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 10.2-inch iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air 2
iOS 13.6.1 Release Notes
Release notes included with iOS 13.6.1 / iPadOS 13.6.1 are as follows:
iOS 13.6.1 includes bug fixes for your iPhone.
– Addresses an issue where unneeded system data files might not be automatically deleted when available storage is low
– Fixes a thermal management issue that caused some displays to exhibit a green tint
– Fixes an issue where Exposure Notifications could be disabled for some users
Some features may not be available for all regions or on all Apple devices. For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
Mac users will also find MacOS Catalina 10.15.6 supplemental update available if they’re running Catalina.