iOS 14.6 & iPadOS 14.6 Update Released, Download Now
Apple has released the final versions of iOS 14.6 and iPadOS 14.6 for iPhone and iPad.
The new system software versions include some small features relating to Apple Card and AirTags, and a handful of bug fixes and other enhancements. The full release notes for iOS 14.6 and iPadOS 14.6 are further below.
Separately, Apple released macOS Big Sur 11.4 for Mac, tvOS 14.6 for Apple TV, and watchOS 7.5 for Apple Watch.
How to Download & Update to iOS 14.6 / iPadOS 14.6
Be sure to backup iPhone or iPad to iCloud, iTunes, or to a Mac with Finder before going ahead with system software updates.
Installing software updates through the Settings app is the easiest for most users:
- Open the “Settings” app on iPhone or iPad
- Go to “General”
- Select “Software Update”
- Choose “Download and Install” for iOS 14.6 / iPadOS 14.6 when it shows as available
Completing installation requires the device to reboot. Be sure you have sufficient battery life available on the device to proceed with installation.
Optionally, users can also update iOS or iPadOS using a computer and a USB cable, on modern Macs this is done with Finder, and Windows through iTunes.
Another option available to more advanced users is to update iOS or iPadOS using IPSW firmware files.
iOS 14.6 & iPadOS 14.6 ISPW Direct Download Links
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone SE (2nd Generation)
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPod touch (7th generation)
- M1 iPad Pro 12.9″
- M1 iPad Pro 11″
- 11-in. iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- 11-in. iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 12.9-in. iPad Pro (3rd generation)
- 12.9-in. iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- 12.9-in. iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 9.7-in. iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 10.5-in. iPad Pro (1st generation)
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air (4th generation)
- 10.2-in. iPad (7th generation)
- 10.2-in. iPad (8th generations)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini (5th generation)
iOS 14.6 / iPadOS 14.6 Release Notes
Release notes for iOS 14.6 are:
iOS 14.6 includes support for Apple Card Family and Podcasts subscriptions. This release also includes bug fixes for your iPhone.
Apple Card Family
– Apple Card can be shared with up to five people, including anyone 13 years or older in your Family Sharing group
– Apple Card Family adds support for families to track expenses, manage spending with optional limits and controls, and build credit together
– Subscription support for channels and individual shows
AirTag and Find My
– Lost mode option to add an email address instead of a phone number for AirTag and Find My network accessories
– AirTag will show the partially masked phone number of the owner when tapped with an NFC-capable device
– Voice Control users can unlock their iPhone for the first time after a restart using only their voice
This release also fixes the following issues:
– Unlock with Apple Watch may not work after using Lock iPhone on Apple Watch
– Reminders may appear as blank lines
– Call blocking extensions may not appear in Settings
– Bluetooth devices could sometimes disconnect or send audio to a different device during an active call
– iPhone may experience reduced performance during startup
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website:
Aside from iOS and iPadOS updates, the Mac received macOS Big Sur 11.4 update, tvOS 14.6 update for Apple TV, and watchOS 7.5 update for Apple Watch.
Update can’t show on my iPhone
Still iOS 12
I need iOS 14
After installing IOS 14.6, the iPhone gets hot and the battery is drained down from 100% to 2-3% in about 2 hours, even 24 hours after the IOS update.
Also, after installing IOS 14.6 and iPadOS 14.6, private browsing in Safari doesn’t work anymore! The last visited website when re-opening Safari will be shown.
I am loosing features and feel like there is no warning about this.
Reminder is gone for my use
IPhoto warning today since new 14.6 update