How to Stop Getting Nextdoor Emails
NextDoor is a popular neighborhood ‘hyperlocal social network’ app that is mostly gossip, rants, and occasional local news, that is well known for sending a constant barrage of emails and email post updates to any users who signed up for the app at some point in history.
If you’re like many NextDoor users, you have clicked the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the pointless emails many times, tried the Apple Mail ‘unsubscribe’ button a half dozen times, and yet still find yourself getting constantly emails from the service.
So how do you actually stop getting emails from Nextdoor?
As you may have already discovered, Nextdoor makes unsubscribing from all emails impressively tedious, but we’ll show you how you can do it, so that you can finally stop getting constant emails from Nextdoor.
How to Stop Getting All Emails from Nextdoor
- Open the Nextdoor app on your device
- Tap on your profile, then tap on “Settings”
- Choose “Notifications”
- Now here comes the fun part, see this giant list of notifications? You have to manually go through each one, and toggle several email settings to the OFF position, repeatedly, for every individual category: Posts, Comments and replies, Mentions, Reactions and virtual gifts, Messages, Public agencies, Invitations and connections, Groups, Events, For Sale & Free, Digests, etc
- Tap on each individual category and toggle the “Email” switch to the OFF position for every single option on the screen – don’t forget to scroll down as you’ll often find even more email toggles to turn off
- Repeat until every ’email’ option is disabled for every section of emails that Nextdoor blasts you with
Yes it is that tedious to stop getting all emails from Nextdoor. It’s important to be thorough and toggle every single switch for email off, as I left a few on and suddenly I was getting constant emails from Nextdoor still anyway.
Amazingly enough, there’s not a single universal “stop getting emails from Nextdoor” option, and instead they have broken it down into several dozen individual toggles in separate sections of settings, all of which is required to turn off to stop getting emails from the service.
Option 2: Stop All Emails from Nextdoor by Deleting Your Account
Another way to stop getting Nextdoor emails is to delete your account from the service.
Whether or not to delete your account is entirely up to you, but ask yourself the same question any time you are considering removing your account from a service; have you received some tremendous benefit or something that has made your life better from the Nextdoor app? If the answer is yes, you probably don’t want to delete your account, where as if the answer is “no all I see are people I don’t know complaining about stray cats and the sound of leaf blowers” then you might be thrilled to delete your account from Nextdoor.
What do you think of Nextdoor and their constant emails that are difficult to unsubscribe from?