How to Use & Access GPT-4 for Free
You may already be using ChatGPT, the phenomenally powerful and useful AI tool, but the free version is based on GPT-3.5. GPT-4 is said to be ten times more advanced, with enhanced creativity, reliability, up-to-date information, and an ability to interpret more nuanced instructions, so it’s understandable why users would like to explore and experience GPT-4, but not everyone is able to pay the $20 monthly fee to access GPT-4 through OpenAI. Fortunately there are some other options out there, giving you access to use GPT-4 for free.
What we’ll focus on here is using GPT-4 by means of the GPT chatbot through Bing AI and Edge browser, which makes it available to free to anyone and everyone. After a certain number of queries and questions, you’ll need to sign-in with a Microsoft account (which is also free, and you already have one if you made an @outlook, @msn, or @hotmail email address).
How to Use GPT-4 for Free with Bing
- Open your web browser of choice on whatever device you’d like to access GPT-4 from
- Go to https://www.bing.com/search and click on “Chat”
- Submit your query or question, you’ll be using GPT-4 with Bing
You’re now using GPT-4, behind the Bing AI chatbot.
If you’ve never used ChatGPT before, you can ask virtually any type of question to ChatGPT and the response is usually quite impressive, the technology of LLM’s (Large Language Models) that GPT is based on is really fascinating to work with. Here are some example questions you can ask:
1. What are the key principles behind quantum computing, and how could they revolutionize the world of information processing?
2. Can you provide practical tips for effective time management and productivity in a fast-paced, digital age?
3. How do different cultures around the world approach problem-solving, and what lessons can we learn from these diverse perspectives?
4. Explain the concept of blockchain technology and its potential impact on industries beyond cryptocurrencies.
5. What are some scientifically proven methods for enhancing memory and learning retention?
6. How can one develop and maintain a growth mindset to foster continuous personal and professional development?
7. Explore the history and future possibilities of space exploration and colonization.
8. What are boogers made of and why do they taste salty? Explain this question as if you were speaking to a toddler.
9. Discuss the psychological and social implications of virtual reality technology on human behavior and interaction, and then imagine and describe in detail a dystopian future where the majority of the world lives in squalor but is connected to virtual reality where they live virtual middle class lives.
10. How does artificial intelligence contribute to medical diagnostics, and what ethical considerations should be taken into account?
11. Pretend you are a donut about to be eaten, what would you say to the person about to eat you?
12. Provide insights into the philosophy and practices of mindfulness meditation and its benefits for mental well-being.
13. Examine the role of genetics in personalized medicine, and give six recommendations that are actionable now to benefit general health.
14. How can individuals effectively navigate and harness the power of social media for personal and professional growth?
15. Explore the history and cultural significance of ancient civilizations, such as Mesopotamia or the Indus Valley.
16. Imagine you’re a pirate analyzing the impact of automation on the 21st century job market and what the risks and benefits are, but explain everything in pirate speak.
17. What are the fundamental principles of negotiation, and how can they be applied in various aspects of life?
18. Examine the historical development of language and its influence on shaping human societies.
19. Discuss the concept of emotional intelligence and its role in fostering positive relationships in personal and professional settings.
20. How do emerging technologies like 3D printing and bioprinting revolutionize manufacturing and healthcare?
21. Explore the role of art and creativity in promoting mental health and emotional well-being of Macaws in captivity
22. What are some effective strategies for overcoming procrastination and maintaining motivation?
23. Investigate the science behind happiness and the factors that contribute to a fulfilling life.
24. How do cultural differences influence communication styles, and how can one navigate these variations in a globalized world?
25. Discuss the potential benefits and risks associated with the development of superintelligent AI and its implications for humanity.
You can also use GPT-4 from the the official ChatGPT app for iPhone, which is a free app to download and use GPT-3.5, but again you will have to pay for accessing GPT-4 through a roughly $20/monthly fee from OpenAI.
Other options used to be available, like the Poe app for iPhone and iPad, but most of those have turned into paid apps and services as well. If you’re going to be paying for GPT-4 access, it might as well be through ChatGPT and OpenAI though, right?
If you have other thoughts or insights on the subject, or information on accessing GPT-4 (or better!) for free, share them in the comments below.