Convert video to iPad, iPod, and iPhone compatible formats

Apr 15, 2010 - 10 Comments

convert video to ipod or iphone

VideoMonkey is a free tool that lets you convert various video types to iPhone, iPad, iPod, and AppleTV compatible formats. It’s fast and easy to use, if you want to convert a video for use on your Apple device it’s this simple:

* Drag and drop the file into VideoMonkey
* Select the type of video you want it converted to (All Apple Devices works universally)
* Adjust the quality and compression options, note that the file size changes on the fly
* Click Start and wait, the time it takes to convert the video varies
* When the video is done converting, you can freely copy it over to your iPad, iPhone, whatever

Developer home
Download Videomonkey

In my tests it worked flawlessly with AVI, MPG, and MOV files and was pretty quick. Did I mention that it’s free?

Posted by: Paul Horowitz in iPad, iPhone, Mac OS X

1. joren says:

any advantages with Handbrake?

2. maccolar says:

Nice, it’s really useful for me.

3. Joseph Sanchez says:

Depends varies?

4. […] Visit link: Convert video to iPad, iPod, and iPhone compatible formats – OS X … […]

5. leey says:

well, I use iFunia ipad video converter for my new ipad already, It works very well!
    eher, Thanks anyway!

6. Neo Base says:

I found this pretty good guide about convert and transfer your movies to iPad(with Pavtube video converter), and found this:

Follow the optimal settings to get excellent playback quality.
    Video:
    Codec: h264
    Size: 640*480
    Bitrate: 2500kbps
    Frame rate: 30fps
    Audio:
    Codec: aac
    Sample rate: 48khz
    Bitrate: 160kbps
    Channels: Stereo

7. Grady says:

Thanks for the post – that actually looks like a genuine app amongst the mire of “free” one-click solution apps! It does look bizarrely similar to Handbrake though…

That said, Handbrake is cross-platform, and it can rip direct from DVDs. I do still prefer Handbrake cos I use both Windows and OSX…. I found a guide that helped me start converting for iPad at http://www.zerosignal.co.uk/2010/05/convert-avi-dvd-wmv-to-mp4-videos-for-apple-ipad-using-handbrake

8. […] video file types directly on the iPad without converting it first. In the past you’ve had to convert video to iPad and iPhone compatible formats which can take a while depending on the size of the […]

9. katrinaJC says:

thanks for sharing this information, I have found it for a long time , as an ipad user , I was troubled in convert videos to my ipad . one of my friends is a mac user, can someone recommend an ipad converter mac to me ? Thanks again.

10. electricien says:

We recognize you this post, It had been an incredible examine which was really beneficial.