Convert Video to iPad, iPod, and iPhone Compatible Formats with VideoMonkey on Mac
If you need to convert a video to a file format compatible with iPhone, iPad, or ipOd, the VideoMonkey application for Mac can do the job for you.
VideoMonkey is a free tool that lets you convert various video types to iPhone, iPad, iPod, and AppleTV compatible formats.
It’s fast and easy to use, if you want to convert a video on a Mac for use on your Apple device it’s this simple:
- Get VideoMonkey from the developer home and open the app
- Drag and drop the file into VideoMonkey
- Select the type of video you want it converted to (All Apple Devices works universally)
- Adjust the quality and compression options, note that the file size changes on the fly
- Click Start and wait, the time it takes to convert the video varies
- When the video is done converting, you can freely copy it over to your iPad, iPhone, whatever
In my tests it worked flawlessly with AVI, MPG, and MOV files and was pretty quick on a Mac with Snow Leopard.
Did I mention that it’s free? VideoMonkey is also open source so you can browse through the source code yourself here on Github if you’re interested.
There are certainly other video encoding apps for converting videos to be compatible with iPhone and iPad too, if you have any favorites do share them with us in the comments below.