The First Ever iPhone Commercial

Jun 5, 2011 - 9 Comments

This is where it all started from, the classic “Hello” iPhone commercial that featured all the scenes of famous actors answering phones in famous movies. Airing on Oscars night in February of 2007, this was the first commercial to show off the iPhone, a full four months before it was officially released in June of 2007.

Seems like a while ago doesn’t it?

Posted by: Paul Horowitz in Fun, iPhone

1. Fishcake21 says:

Even if you are a “Mac” fan, you have to admit, that is the dumbest commercial ever.

• APo says:

Well, yeah it is. You see some scenes and then for a couple of seconds you see this rectangular thing, I bet noone back then knew it was a phone.

2. Paul says:

It should end by saying “Reach out and touch someone”

3. Crap says:

I am a huge Apple fan, but that commercial is really a piece of crap.

Why conan ‘o brien didnt make parody?

4. Andrey says:

What’s the name of that one video? It’s one of the first iPhone videos (not a commercial) when the iPhone first came out. I saw it on YouTube, and now I can’t find it. Basically what it shows is this one New Yorker shows off his iPhone with the pre-installed apps. For example, when he showed us the stock app, he made a quarter come out of the charger slot. And I thought it were real. lol. Another thing he showed was some x-ray app scanning his arm, showing his bones. And, he was shaving his beard. lol.

Can someone find the video? I’ve been looking for it for a year or so now. It’s difficult to find it.

5. jim R says:

Besides Fishcake21 of course (sorry fishcake, you’re excluded), we recognize one of today’s major, commercial powers in Apple’s creative advertising.

6. DD says:

I think it is a very clever commercial: it gets and keeps your attention, doesn’t shout and doesn’t insult. I like it.

7. warmz says: