Get the Hourly Weather Forecast in iOS 5 on iPhone & iPod touch
The weather app in iOS 5 has been improved to include quickly accessible hourly forecasts, in addition to the percentage chance of rain and severe weather, like thunder and snow storms.
To access the hour-by-hour weather forecast:
- Launch Weather and tap the “Hourly” button, or just swipe down on the day
The forecast data is pulled from Yahoo, who aggregates the hourly details from The Weather Channel. This is a feature that may seem simple, but it’s been highly desired and has led many users to download third party weather apps in search of more detailed forecasting information.
Detailed forecasts are limited to any iPod touch or iPhone running iOS 5. The iPad currently does not include the native weather app, but iPad users can obtain the exact same forecast and weather data through the freely available The Weather Channel iPad app from the iOS Store.
- See the 6 Day Weather Forecast Quickly on iPhone from Notification Center
- Get Detailed Weather Information with Siri: Temperature, Forecasts, Humidity, Dew Point, Barometer, & Wind Speed
- View Extended Weather Details in the Default Weather App for iPhone
- Cycle through all the weather graphics in the Dashboard Weather Widget