Block Caller ID on iPhone to Always Make “Blocked” Calls

Nov 20, 2011 - 13 Comments

Always Make Blocked Calls from iPhone

The iPhone can be set to always hide the dialing phones number from the recipients caller ID’s. This works by initiating every phone call with the prefix *67 to force the number to appear as “Blocked” on the receiving caller ID. This is helpful for making anonymous phone calls, or if you just want to be sent to someones voicemail.

• Launch “Settings” and tap on “Phone”
  • Tap on “Show My Caller ID”
  • Slide to “OFF”

You can also manually prefix a number with *67 when dialing to make a one-off call that is blocked from caller ID. Generally speaking nobody likes receiving “Blocked” calls, so if you want your phone calls to be answered it’s a good idea to leave the iPhone’s Caller ID enabled.

Posted by: William Pearson in iPhone, Tips & Tricks

1. Brent says:

ALTERNATE TITLE: “How to Guarantee Nobody Answers When You Call Them”

BTW: I can tell you have an iPhone 4S because your battery is dying all the time too, heh.

2. bawlbaby says:

check the GPS feature in your phone. If it’s on, it’s burning battery.

3. whirldy says:

jailbreakers check out:

Caller ID SBSettings Toggle. Toggle Caller ID showing on phone calls.

4. Otto says:

You can also dial *67 before the number to block on a call by call basis.

5. piperville10 says:

My 4s (Verizon) does not have this setting. Not that it’s a big deal but is this a carrier specific feature?

6. khalaf says:

Will this work outside of the US? I live in Bahrain

7. ehutchins says:

Hey there brainiacs. This only blocks ID to your friends and relatives, etc. By law, any 800, 888, 900, etc. number will be allowed to see your Caller ID. Duh.

8. Tricone says:

Sprint services for the iPhone also does not have this feature. It appears that only iPhones carried by AT&T has this setting. When I changed to Sprint from AT&T, that was one of the first things that I noticed.

9. Ali says:

in my country Iran and so many country providers don’t allow to turn off this option like my bro khalif in bahrain

10. sandra says:

wot is a blocked caller in i fone 4s??please guide me wot is it actually used for?

11. tanmay says:

i m in india west bengal,using airtel sim.what shld i do in order to make my iphone to private number??plz help me out.

12. [...] From a callers perspective, nothing is different, but your iPhone will no longer ring and instead it will just send the calls off to the number you specified. You can still make phone calls as usual with forwarding on, but return calls will not come back to your phone number even though that number remains on caller id. [...]