51% of US Households Own Apple Products
50% of households in the USA own at least one Apple product, and 10% of those without intend to buy an Apple product sometime in the next year. This finding and others were discovered by a recent CNBC poll, which revealed some other fascinating statistics on the ubiquity of Apple gear in the United States.
- 55 million homes have at least one iPad, iPhone, iPod, or Mac in the house
- Apple buyers tend to be male, college educated, and younger
- 57% of homes on the West have Apple products, with an average of 2 per household
- 47% to 51% of homes in the remainder of the country have Apple products
- 61% of households with children own Apple products
- 48% of childless homes have Apple products
- 28% of households making $30,000 a year own at least one Apple device
- 77% of households earning over $75,000 a year own at least one Apple product, and average three devices per home
Owning Apple gear is also a nonpartisan affair, with 56% of both Republican and Democrat party members owning a device.
Some of these figures are unsurprising given the tremendous sales volume of Apple gear over recent years, though it’s still an impressive feat for a company that was nearly bankrupt in 1996.