Absinthe 2.0 Jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1 Released [Download Links]

May 25, 2012 - 54 Comments

Absinthe 2.0

The much anticipated Absinthe 2.0 jailbreak has been released by the JailbreakDreamTeam. The utility allows for an untethered jailbreak of iOS 5.1.1 on virtually all idevices, including iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPod touch 3rd and 4th gen.

An untethered jailbreak means the device is free to reboot on it’s own without boot assistance and without connecting to a computer.

In order to use the free tool, you must be running iOS 5.1.1 as no other versions are supported.

Download Absinthe 2.0

Links have been updated to the latest version of Absinthe 2.0.4

Users who are already jailbroken on iOS 5.1.1 but stuck tethered can use the Rocky Racoon tool to untether their jailbreak, a free download found on Cydia.

Posted by: Matt Chan in iPad, iPhone

1. Rasheed Wallace says:

Run it in OS X Mountain Lion by right-clicking > Show Package Contents > Contents > MacOS > double-click Absinthe-10.6

Runs from Terminal instead.

2. KeNgoaiDao says:

For who’s running Lion/MLion
    Copy Absinthe to your Desktop!
    From Terminal:
    #./Absinthe.app/Contents/MacOS/Absinthe-10.6
    Ok!

3. khairay says:

I tried JB the iPad2 GSM iOS 5.1.1 but it failed in three tries. Any ideas?

• D4rthPunk says:

Same here myne keeps on saying “ERROR: could not Lockdownd(absynthe has stoped working)” after saying “begining JB”then “sending JB”. can any1 help?????

• Toby says:

i tried to jailbreak on absinthe 2.0 windows on my iPod. i tried it on various computers but the best i got was Error lockdownd. i might just wait until absinthe 3.0. my iPod doesn’t respond to iTunes now and i don’t know how to fix it Answers Needed.

Toby

• iPodfix says:

You can fix it by holding down the lock button then the home button together. Hold both of them down untill it pops up on the idevice to re-conect to ITunes or to creat a new account (you can back up your idevice after you’ve done this). It will reset your idevice and you can set it back up.

~A

4. KeNgoaiDao says:

Why don’t you trying 2.0.1?
    Update!

5. meenah says:

Would like the battery percentage for absinthe. But I’ll jb anyway while waiting for the redsn0w untethered jailbreak.

• lilneo13 says:

If you want battery percentage then just jailbreak with redsnow 0.9.10b8b tethered. Then when you’re done install rocky raccoon and there ya go, untethered and battery percentage.

• Toby says:

what does tethered mean. is it when it goes flat you have to plug it into a computer to reboot. my mate has a red snow jailbreak and his battery percentage is faulty. it moves from 80% on the charger the back to 50% then when he plays a game it goes flat then you turn it on and it said 70%.

6. aku says:

i’m running 5.0.1(jailbroken), should i update to 5.1.1 then only do the jail breaking using absinthe 2.0? thanks

7. Adam says:

i have a wifi only ipad Model: MC769LL is this supported?

8. mack says:

I tried jailbreaking the iPhone 4 (GSM) ios 5.1.1 but it failed in gazillion times. The version of the jailbreak s/w was 2.0.1 but still problematic. I’m using windows by the way…

9. oudam says:

Does it can jailbreak iPad2 iOS 5.1? I wish it can.

10. salman says:

hi have good time
    I need you help to download the Jailbreak
    •How to Jailbreak iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch on iOS 5.1.1 with Absinthe

I try to download the new jailbreak to my computor
    your support is require please

11. Rally says:

Can you use Absinthe 2.0.2 to jailbreak ios 5.1 ?

12. nadz says:

keeps crashing after i click jailbreak! loads a little bit then just gets stuck. Im running version 2.2. Any suggestions??

13. SolelyCannabis says:

Went smooth as expected. Just make sure you reset device 1st.

Happy Toking.

14. Joseph says:

Same as nadz. It’ll load for just a little bit, then the window will close. Any suggestions?

15. Issa says:

Hi gus I just wanna jailbreak my Iphone 4s so when I running the absinthe an error appears something wrong with restore password or something<< please I need help

16. Craig says:

I tried it with windows and it gave me an error saying could not connect to lockdown. Any help??

17. Gavin says:

It says it has an error with SHSH blobs on my windows, Help please!

18. Mrswagsta says:

Somebody ease answer this how do u jailbreak an iPod touch 5.1.1 without a computer I need help pleaseee

19. 4s says:

Tried to jb my iphone 4s but says device is not supported? Any help?

20. John doe says:

Anyone know a jailbreak for 5.1.1 that u can do without a computer

21. kongelay says:

I jailbroke my iphone 4s by Absinthe 2.0.2. But I can’t install apps on my iphone by itunes.

22. Kongelay says:

I have iphone4s jailbroken by Absinthe 2.0.2. But I can’t install apps and games on my iPhone by iTunes. I don’t know why. If someone know why, please help me. Please…………….

23. Narwhal kevin says:

Computers is being fixed as of now, I have an iPod 5.1.1, does any know a JB for this!! Please help

24. Nitin says:

The download link is not opening..it says “Forbidden 403″!!

25. Alex N. Mercer says:

Groovy Man! Thank You for this site. It Helps ALot! :)

26. shelby says:

works great!

27. colleen says:

i have the iphone 4GS. i tried to jailbreak it and for almost 2 hrs now its has had the loading symbol going round and round in the middle of my screen. can someone help me? did i kill my phone?

• jules says:

I think you did brick your phone sorry. :( I had troubles like that on my iPod Touch 2G MC model a while back, finally was able to restore, and I sold it to my friend when I got the iPod Touch 4G white. I know theres tutorials on how to fix the Spinning Wheel of Death. I cant remember which one I used though, sorry. :(
      Basically your iPhone has been on Reboot loop, and it can screw it over, but I think you can use like I think I used sn0wbreeze to kick out of boot loop, I cant remember exactly. I wish I could be more help.
      Good Luck!~ :)
      Jules

28. colleen says:

sorry, my last post said i hAve the 4GS, typo, i have the 3GS. now can someone help me?

29. E.G. says:

Keep trying to open the link says safari cant open it how can i download the program using only a itouch?

30. stephanie says:

this is not clear at all.nothing works. I downloaded it, & it saves as a zip file. then i click on it & its requiring me to extract files? then a black screen pops up with a bunch of jibberish. this is stupid & frustrating because i keep downloading crap & it isn’t working

• jules says:

The jibberish on the screen allows the Jailbreak to happen, if you’re running windows. It opens up the app for Jailbreaking. have you run as admin, or compatability mode? You need to run as admin to get it to work on windows Vista/7.
      Let absinthe 2.0 run all the way through, and you should be jailbroken. :)
      Hope that helps

31. cam says:

what do i download to jailbreak

32. Johny says:

It took just 5 minutes to updated!!

Vey simple and straight forward!

Many thanks!!

33. Jv says:

After I jailbreak my phone, i went to cydia but when cydia loaded complete it dissapear from my phone and also all my phone main apps.
    What is wrong??

34. cc says:

I cannot get to the site – keeps saying page is not available. Is the server down?

35. random says:

can u just run the appclication without it downloading to ur computer

36. kornibus03 says:

i have an ipod touch ios 5.1.1 and have downloaded the absinthe for windows but when i open the file named Absinthe the button that says “Jailbreak” it isnt highlighted even when the touch is connected already help me out please.

37. sammysle says:

I had used Absinthe 2.0 to jailbreak my iphone 4. I worked great but I had downloaded new version ios 6 and need to jailbreak again. Does Absinthe 2.0 support that version?

38. M0h5en3gs says:

hey guys
    the Absinthe F-C-ked my iphone3gs!
    thats 5.1.1
    but after done i saw the apple icon on startup but my idevice booted and show5 cydia after 2 mins i saw a withe icon sync cydia on my idevice!
    after 30 seconds my idevice rebooted but that locked on apple icon in startup !!!!!!!!!!!!

pls help me if u can!

39. Gesshoku says:

Is there any way to download this straight to the phone I have no access to a computer at the minute…. im on the 4S

• Lici says:

I have been searching for hours for a way to jailbreak my iPad because I don’t have access to a computer either and it’s really really pissing me off
      Why can’t we just jailbreak it directly onto the device anymore????

40. nesbert says: