Redsn0w 0.9.12b1 Brings Untethered Jailbreak to iOS 5.1.1 [Download Links]

Jun 4, 2012 - 88 Comments

Redsn0w 0.9.12b1 jailbreaks iOS 5.1.1

The popular Redsn0w jailbreak utility has been updated to bring untethered jailbreaks to iOS 5.1.1 on most iDevices. Versioned as redsn0w 0.9.12b1, the tool supports the following hardware on 5.1.1: iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPod touch 3rd and 4th gen, and Apple TV1 and ATV2. The A5 support is identical to that found in the recently released Absinthe 2 for iOS 5.1.1, which focused on the new iPad and iPhone 4S.

If you are already jailbroken tethered with iOS 5.1.1 you can use Cydia to download the Rocky Raccoon untether, you do not need to re-run Redsn0w. Likewise, if you’ve already installed the rocky-raccoon package to untether a 5.1.1 jailbreak there is no reason to download or use the new redsnow tool.

Download Redsn0w 0.9.12b1

These are direct download links from the iPhoneDevTeam:

Windows users must run redsn0w in administrator mode.

If you like to follow guides, here is a simple tutorial on using Redsn0w for an untethered iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak.

Posted by: Matt Chan in iPad, iPhone

1. kyle says:

Hi,

Does it support hactivation for ip4S 5.1.1? with the latest baseband. thanks!

2. Kardel says:

i have jailbroken my ipod touch 4g but the thing is the cydia icon turns white. is this normal?but still i can open my cydia and also i try jailbroken apps and it works..just the cydia icon turns white that matters me..is everything
    alright?

3. Mark says:

my Phone is stuck at the plugged into itune and my phone cannot read to itunes

• Ryan says:

just go to “extras” in redsn0w and click on “recovery fix” once your iDevice is connected via iTunes

4. ahmed says:

ihe is stucked and cydia doesn’t work and the safari too, can anyone help my Iphone :(

• Stebton says:

Restore from backup and try again, that’s not normal.

• Andy says:

Hey Ahmed.I had the same exat problem.Don’t worry.Just RE-jailbreake your iPhone and if it works,reply on my comment.
      Peace.

• Leslie Bibb says:

u should have got the untethered jailbreak instead of tethered. You turned off your iPhone and when you turn it off and back on Safari, Mail, Cydia, and all the Cydia apps will be disabled. Everything else works. There are two alternatives, 1 is:you go into redsn0w and go to “extras,” click on “just boot” and the iPhone will do its thing and once its done loading all your apps will work again. But the better alternative is to get the redsn0w version that allows untethered jailbreak or your certain firmware.

5. Deja Williams says:

When i try to download it it woldnt b/c it says something about an error 200?

• ali says:

try editing your hosts file see if its blocking connections to apple. Hosts file are located in system32/drivers/etc or etc/drivers one of those orders. If there is an apple thing delete the line. and save as same file.

PS i edit it in notepad

• Jen says:

having an unmolested ipad2 running on ios5.1.1 (9B206). Followed the steps as per RedSnow, and also edited the hosts file from windows/systems32/drivers/etc, and STILL GOT THAT ANNOYING ERROR CODE 2000 appearing at “preparing” phase.

Any other methods to get an untethered jailbreak version for ipad2wifi ios5.1.1????

SOS

6. Reff says:

Hi, i’m using this tp jb my ipad 3 running 5.1.1 and i’m getting ‘Jailbreak failed Error 2000′. Anyone knows what to do?

7. wannasur says:

I have start the jailbreak but, we found error 2000. How can I fix it.

8. Matt W says:

Hello, I have never jailbroken my iPod before and I have followed the instructions presisely and exact and when I have Jailbroken it then I need to “Just Boot” it, so I did that, it does everything fine, then it gets to the last bit witch it “Waiting for iPod 4G” this process has currently taken over 1 Hour and has done nothing, there is nothing on the loading bar aswell. Please Help

9. nick says:

whenever i try to download it, it always says USB communication problem. i even tried to use a different cord, and it still says that.

10. nikki says:

what if your ipod 4th g just shows a picture that shows an usb cord pointing at a itunes symbol?

11. yash pradhan g says:

error 2000 on ipod 5.1.1 not working

12. chino says:

hey i jailbreaked my ihpone 3gs does anyone no how i can change the carrior to t mobile?

13. donte says:

it keeps saying service wouldnt start 3986

14. Rich says:

i used this and 24 hours after my facebook, voxer and safari would not open i shut my phone off turn it back on and apple logo comes up and shows the little timmer thing for a respring and does nothing ..
    had to restore

15. nurfarisha says:

some apps on my phone cant be open and if i shutdown my phone,it becomes to the original apps but i could not open safari or any jailbroken apps.what should i do?

16. Jessica ! says:

Hey! I’ve been trying to jailbreak my iPod 4g but it isn’t working. While it’s attempting to jailbreak, it gets stuck at “waiting to reboot”. The thing is that it’s not rebooting, all it does is turn on again and nothing happens. what should i do!

17. ian says:

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP! ok so i jailbroke my ipad 1 5.1.1 and at first got a white cydia that didnt work and after i shut it down i wouldnt start up. so im tethered anyway, i got it working withjust boot tethered and cydia is working fine and safari, youtube ect.BUT I AM TETHERED i just want to know how to get it untethered? thank you so much :)

18. teaerra says:

i tried to jailbreak my iphone 4 with this untethered jailbeak and it didnt jailbreak it. instead my phone was off for 2 and a half hours. i thought i freaked up my entire phone. help….

19. cass says:

everytime my iphone dies, still needs to reboot to turn it on.. :(

20. Ben says:

Hey, when I try to download it it say safari can open file? Suggestions?

21. SmaLL says:

If your photo was deleted after jailbreak – you can find it in /root/Hackstore using iTools. It helped for me)

22. Mikey says:

I jailbrOke my ipod 4 and now when i touch the cydia app icon it opens for a split second then goes to home screen EVERY TIME! How do i fix it???!

23. Jimmy says:

A lot of the time the jailbreak just doesnt work, restore the device/put it into DFU mode and then start again, that usually works for me. If it still doesnt then use a different jailbreak like absinthe

24. Mar says:

it keeps saying Error2000 when I try yo Jailbreak my iPhone3Gs 5.1.1 help please?

25. Corey says:

what does error keychain mean how do i get my iPhone 4s to jailbreak

26. Rex says:

please help it says ERROR 2000 WTF

27. Lisa says:

I am thinking about jailbreaking my Itouch and should I jailbreak it and

28. adam mumford says:

i am trying to jailbreak my ipod touch 4th gen when it is backing up the device in preparing it stops and says error 2000 please tell me what the problem is :(

29. justin says:

hi
    i have redsn0w and it works sorta…
    after the backup it says error 2000 what do i have to do??

30. jennifer says:

ok, so i downloaded this version for mac. i jailbroke my friend’s iPhone 4s with no problem, but now that i’m trying to do mine, even after i have it in DFU mode, it keeps telling me that i have it in the wrong mode. then i’ll have it just off.. and it still won’t work. i’ve seriously tried everything and have had to restore it 3 times now. someone please help me!

31. Louis says:

Hi guys a couple weeks ago i uninstalled cydia because i didn’t want the jailbreak anymore. But then today i wanted to have it back, and i installed it through redsn0w and everything went perfectly fine. But when my ipod turned on, there was no cydia icon.. What should i do? I can’t re-jailbreak it because it says it’s already jailbroken..

32. Emma says:

Hello,
    Last night I jailbroke my phone and tried unlocking with failed, not sure what I used but realised this is what I need to do but it won’t let me as I’ve already jailbroken with Rocky Raccoon, I have 0.9.12b1 downloaded on PC
    Cydia is already installed on the phone and I’d also installed the fixer too
    Does anyone know the methods I should use, steps I should take and any solution for this?

Thankyou

33. King says:

every time it gets to the “waiting for reboot” stage my iPhone 4 powers back on and does nothing. Im sure I did the DFU mode correct but it still doesnt seem to work. am I suppose to do it on computer that already has iPhone synced with iTunes??? Some 1 please help!!!! Been up all day with the flu trying to figure this out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

34. ian says:

i jailbreaked my device ! , but it is tethered

35. Jose says:

You have to download Rocky Raccoon 5.1.1 Untethered in Cydia

36. jack says:

Hi,

why does my cydia turn out to be a white icon even after i just boot??????

37. Brian says:

This version of redsnow tried to restore my ipod touch.

38. alex says:

My iPhone 3gs is jailbroken and I was in the process of unlocking it for Tmobile when I went to turn it off and reboot it, my Cydia app no longer worked.
    Is that normal? This is the second time it has happened when I jailbreak an Apple device

39. Amanda says:

Can any one help???? i have been working on my iphone 4 for three days. I have it untethered jail broken, i am trying to unlock it now with a gevey sim. My ios is 5.1.1 (9B208) and the baseband is 04.12.01 i tried to go into same and deactivate but it wont let me. Any suggestions?

40. Matt says:

Error 2000, No clue what this means. Any help?

41. raj sanghvi says:

but is this jailbreak unthered .. plzz reply

42. yazan says:

hi guys
    after i update my 3gs to ios 5,1,1 and jailbreak it via redsnow
    and install cydia and unlock when i reboot my iphone its stuck on apple logo
    k, i can power my iphone via redsnow but i cant power it without the redsnow help me plzzzzzzzzzzzz ????!!!!

43. Albert Lee says:

After jailbreak with Redsnow, the dreaded USB and iTunes logo show up. Sweat, sweat! Then the Apple hard reset logo came on. A glitter of hope! Hard reset again and the home screen came on but quickly turn to Apple logo again. Lucky I found this website and did a reboot inside Redsnow Extra tab. Success! Thank You.

44. John says:

Absinthe does nt detect my ipad for jailbreaking.
    please help.

45. John says:

Absinthe does nt detect my ipad for jailbreaking.

The jailbreak Button is not highlighted for clicking

please help.

46. Aziz says:

After I following the instruction how to install jailbreak, My Ipad can’t be on

47. klemens says:

Error 2000 plz help

48. Syed says:

I have a iphone 3g and its showing that the spring board is crashed. i downloaded many files at a time and its not easy to identify which file is crashing the spring board. .i cant delete all my apps. .please help me. .

49. Nick says:

Hi I just tried jailbreaking my device and it didn’t work i tried to do it again now my brand new iPod doesn’t even turn on, HELP ME PLEASE!

50. Todd says:

I jailbroke my iphone 4 with redsn0w and all went well, except that the Cydia icon did not appear. After the jailbreaking, I went back to the ‘just boot’ option, re-entering DFU mode (got the pineapple on iphone screen) and this did not bring the icon up. I don’t seem to have Cydia and not sure what to do about it.

51. James says:

The newest absenthe 2.04 is the best way to go if you have the most recent update which is ios 5.1.1. I put that type of jailbreak on my friends and it did excelent.
    But what i did was download redsnow and it was not the right one, it was tetherd and when i tried to download a paccage on cydia it would not let me so im tryin to delete that jailbreak so i can put absenthe on it. but idk if there is a way to delete it or i have to restore it bad news is, is that when i try to restore my iphone it says win 29 or somethin like that. But ya go with Absente for a jailbreak only and ONLY if you have ios 5.1.1.

52. Erick says:

Hey, if I jailbreak iPhone 4 ( 5.1.1 bb 04.12.01 ) then click on the iPad baseband, will it change/damage my iPhone or something?

53. Mason says:

i have gotten Redsn0w And i jailbroke my ipod and Cydia didnt Download. HELP!

54. Austin says:

HELP!!! my ipod wont boot and i cant open anything help me im worried my ipod is jacked now cause my ipod will stay at the timer looking thing and like an half an hour later my ipod screen goes white and goes back to the timer thing HELP ME!!!!!

55. keyys says:

what if my phone is Unlocked?? will this restore my phone back to factory lock?

56. Karim Farrag says:

Many thanks for rocky roaccoon i really was very iupset when my iphone closed … with ur information i get happy i do it and it work very goood

many thanks

57. ali says:

when i download the folder it apeared as books whyy ???

58. thegod says:

i have in iphone 4 with 5.1.1 i just want to unlockit !!! you think this will work ? :d

59. lil At says:

im trying to jailbreak a ipod touch 4 5.1.1 and it says the it doesn’t support that software

60. I have a ipad3 that was jailbroken with redsn0w. it is 5.1.1. firmware. my cydia will not work. it will only blink on & off. how do I get cydia back? I did not jailbreak this ipad3. it was given to me this way. please help. cydia just started not to work. cydia will not open. thanks