Jailbreak iOS 4.3.2 with Redsn0w 0.9.6rc12 (Tethered)
Update: Redsn0w 0.9.6rc13 is an untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.2, you should use that instead.
If you run iOS 4.3.2 and you’re anxious to jailbreak, you can do so using existing versions of Redsn0w. However, be aware that using Redsn0w 0.9.6rc12 to jailbreak iOS 4.3.2 is currently a tethered jailbreak, meaning you will need to boot the iOS device connected to a computer (learn more about tethered vs untethered jailbreaks).
This guide should work on all devices that redsn0w currently works on, including iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 GSM, iPod Touch 4G, iPod touch 3G, iPad, and Apple TV 2. Each device will be tethered though, so if you don’t mind that, proceed.
How to use Redsn0w for a Tethered iOS 4.3.2 Jailbreak
Important: Remember, this is a tethered jailbreak. Backup your iOS hardware before proceeding. If you rely on ultrasn0w unlock, do not use this jailbreak.
Before getting started, you’ll need three things:
- Download iOS 4.3.2 and install it on the device you want to jailbreak (do not update if you need a carrier unlock like ultrasn0w!)
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.6rc12 (Mac & Windows versions available)
- Download iOS 4.3.1 firmware, yes you need 4.3.1 IPSW for this 4.3.2 jailbreak
Once your iOS hardware is updated to iOS 4.3.2, you can proceed to jailbreak:
- Follow the instructions to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 with redsn0w, everything is identical except for the following step…
- When you click on “Browse” for IPSW, choose iOS 4.3.1 IPSW and NOT iOS 4.3.2
- Proceed with the jailbreak as usual
Your iOS device will reboot into a jailbroken iOS 4.3.2. Because this is a tethered jailbreak, anytime you reboot the hardware you’ll need to perform a tethered boot through redsn0w by launching the app and selecting “Just boot tethered right now” and clicking ‘next.’
Boot tethers are not complicated, just annoying. Personally, I would advise to wait for an untethered jailbreak, which should be available in the near future. iOS 4.3.2 is mostly bug fixes and security updates, so you aren’t missing out on anything exciting by delaying the update. We’ll keep you posted when a new untethered jailbreak comes available.
dont jail broke..tethered version will piss you off.. u need to have open your computer each time to switch on you iphone .
I’m staying on 4.3.1, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
Nice to know but tethered is such a pain, just wait it out